Not Another One!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
Seems like things are getting really bad here in the Bahamas! About 2 years ago I caught a lionfish here in the Bahamas which we all know is not native to our waters. If that was not bad enough (especially seeing they have spread everywhere here and are a pretty common sight) about 2 weeks ago, you'd never imagine what was found in our waters once again that is not native to our waters... Swimming down the shoreline I guess looking for food (so it was speculated) a Great White Shark accidentally "beached" himself and was caught by the locals !:eek: That's all we need now...Great White's in the Bahamas! I thought they said the water was too warm! Anyone else heard of this incadent? Very scarey!

I can't remember where I read it but I believe that a great white was caught off the coast of Washington just a little while back. Definately not their natural temp of water. Can anyone verify this for me? Heard or read about it?

Yea next your going to see a bunch of Scooties in Canoes peddling their way to your house to invade your privacy!

LMAO!!!:lol::lol: that'd be a sight to see :lol: :lol: .
that's crazy about the white shark, be very careful dood...specially since you go throwing chicken in the water, you're gonna have a line of white sharks following your boat :eek::lol:

They do live in the Caribbean, but they are rare there, they prefer cooler waters usually. But it's not unheard of to find them there occasionally....

http://animals.nationalgeographic.co...ite-shark.html

this has a map of their range....

Yeah, I just heard they are mostly found here around Abaco Island on the northwestern side. :)

LMAO!!! that'd be a sight to see .
that's crazy about the white shark, be very careful dood...specially since you go throwing chicken in the water, you're gonna have a line of white sharks following your boat

LOL!! Not sure if they like chicken! :p

Id image that in the next 10 years were gonna all see things thats are gonna make us all say "wow"

cold water shark in a reef?
thats some acclamation, or drunk,

OK, I'll say it: "wow"

I feel sorry for all those snorkeling tourists who will try to catch the pretty fishy...

I can't remember where I read it but I believe that a great white was caught off the coast of Washington just a little while back. Definately not their natural temp of water. Can anyone verify this for me? Heard or read about it?

yes, this happens quite a bit. if you read about a great white's prime hunting ground, the puget sound pretty much fits that description

well apperntly the great barrier reef is migrating south think about that for awhile

Krish,
They've appeared in Hawaii before....They are a pelagic shark, they will go where they want.

Nick

their not uncommon here on long island ny. one of the world records was caught here.so why wouldn't they go south? not that far a swim.

Back