Not from Washington? Click me!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Meche

Kole Trickle
Nothing aginst the 99.995% of us from washington but WTF!:mad:

Us New Englanders need $1/lb live rock deals too, ya know! Oh and what about thoes mountians of insanely colored corals traded for a handful of alge and 2 days worth of skimmate.:cry: I even herd of people killing anemones because they didn't know what to do with them all!
(Just so you guys know, I am CTs newist anemone orphanage operator)

:idea: Does anyone live in CT, RI, MA or southeastern NY? Does anyone even know what these 2 letter combinations stand for? I'm looking to make a list so I know whos name to look for in the livestock/equiptment/DIY forums.

A bit of an exageration on that percentage of those from Washington. I think you will find many members in the northeast as well as the rest of the country (and world for that matter) :)

Nothing aginst the 99.995% of us from washington but WTF!

Us New Englanders need $1/lb live rock deals too, ya know! Oh and what about thoes mountians of insanely colored corals traded for a handful of alge and 2 days worth of skimmate. I even herd of people killing anemones because they didn't know what to do with them all!
(Just so you guys know, I am CTs newist anemone orphanage operator)

Does anyone live in CT, RI, MA or southeastern NY? Does anyone even know what these 2 letter combinations stand for? I'm looking to make a list so I know whos name to look for in the livestock/equiptment/DIY forums.

Atleast you are from the US! Think about it this way...I can't import, export or really harvest anything out of our waters unless it is pretty buch broken off which leaves me with nothing but just scraps in most cases. Also, no matter what deal I get on anything like equipment from a store, I have to pay extra shipping over to the Bahamas as well as up to 75% (in some cases) customs duty tagged on to whatever I bought. An example would be say my skimmer for instance. The skimmer was $299 plus about $50 for the pump plus about $25 shipping just to get it to Florida (about $375 give or take a few) Then, I had to pay $50 shipping fropm Florida here and then 52% of the cost to get the skimmer and pump to Florida ($375) plus the shipping to get it to the Bahamas ($375+$50= $425) which means my skimmer ended up costing me about $640 give or take a few...Trust me, you still have it good:)

A bit of an exageration on that percentage of those from Washington. I think you will find many members in the northeast as well as the rest of the country (and world for that matter)

A "bit" of an exageration? :lol: I thought I layed it on pretty thick. Oh well maybe I should try harder next time. :cool:

Krish and Shallowreef I know you weren't in WA but your not exactly down the street either.

Still though; no new englander responses :(

Not from CT but I am on the east coast. I will be in NY next month. What you need?:p I agree. Most on here are from WA. It could all be fake though. They just put WA so no one will think they are close to krish.:lol:

It could all be fake though. They just put WA so no one will think they are close to krish.
LOL

Well I don't have any skimmate for trade because I don't have a skimmer but my sister tells me I have rust colored alge growing on my (not live) rocks. I've been out of town the past week, does that sound like something you would want? :lol:

Ok seriously, thankyou jetaero I will definatley check that out! Also, what do you guys think about the rust stuff? Too sunny? I'll give a full report of what it looks like on wednesday night.

come on true reefers dont go on vacations....

on a serious note I just want to say the I am the best looking person from washington on here.

Us Washington residents have kind of taken to RF as a home because others are too small and RC is just crazy and not very personable. There really is some great info and ok people on here even krish is ok:)

Welcome to RF and the "East Coast"! I'm from Tennessee and have found these guys to be much friendlier than "others". I'm just sooooo jealous that they can sell to each other, frags, etc., costs a fortune at lfs.

Welcome again!

BJ

on a serious note I just want to say the I am the best looking person from washington on here.
Man Washington must be full of ugly people.;) :badgrin: :badgrin: :D

Uconn fan all the way...at least when it comes to Basketball..lol Coincidentally my High school sports teams were the Huskies..lol :)

im originally from NJ, but that's not usually something i mention in polite conversation.....

Back