Now that Ice Cap is gone, My ballast is now going, grrrrrrrr.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Just saw this online.
CoralVue offers support for IceCap 430 & 660 ballasts | CoralVue

Maybe they will offer support for the mh ballasts too.:)

I had a feeling they'd do that - too much knowledge and community goodwill in that guy's head to waste it. So Coralvue spends a few bucks supporting Icecap owners? Where will they go when they need an upgrade? I'll even go further and say Coralvue will eventually offer an upgrade path/discount for current Icecap owners.

I know I'm a bit late but I'm a big fan of the Lumateks, although honestly I wonder how much of a difference there is. They are probably pretty similar to Galaxy and honestly I always thought they were pretty similar to IceCap/CoralVue but with different connectors.

I have six Lumatek 250w ballasts (two old style that use the 'inverse computer plug style connector', four dimmable new style that use the sunlight supply connector) and two Vertex 250w (look identical to icecaps just different colors). When running the same bulbs there is no discernable difference in the color temp or brightness of the light (so a vertex and lumatek running radiums/reefluxs on the same tank using the same reflectors look identical). I do not have a par meter yet so I can't give that kind of info :(.

Back