NSW has high calcium

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Willy

My new bucket of Kent salt mixes up high (500ppm) in calcium and low in Alk (1.0dKh). After I buffer the new batch of water is there any reason for me to use part 2 of ESV b-ionic to maintain the calcium level in the tank? Or should I let it fall then start adding part 2 to maintain the correct level?

It really does make you wonder why they dont make ASW a little closer to NSW.
Scott its going depend on the balance you have in your tank right now. If you tank water is balanced then you shouldnt have to screw around with it more after the water change.
On the continued use of the 2 part that really depends on your tank calcium and alk demand. If you can maintain those level until your next WC then you are ok, if the demand is to high then go with both parts.

Mike

mojoreef said:
It really does make you wonder why they dont make ASW a little closer to NSW.
Scott its going depend on the balance you have in your tank right now. If you tank water is balanced then you shouldnt have to screw around with it more after the water change.
On the continued use of the 2 part that really depends on your tank calcium and alk demand. If you can maintain those level until your next WC then you are ok, if the demand is to high then go with both parts.

Mike
Thanks for the input Mike. I'll keep an eye on the calc/alk levels afetr I get them all back to normal.

yeah(LOL) i just was just reading more into and saw u were the one that post it(lol):oops: :lol:

but hey i try to help:oops: :D

Back