NWMRC Webpage: northwestmontanareefclub.com

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DevonM

Mantis Shrimp
Hey Gang,

I created a WordPress blog as kind of a "brochure site" for the NWMRC. I've masked it with the webpage: northwestmontanareefclub.com.

The purpose of this site is simple, deliver information. It would be good for announcing meetings, new member info, links to our threads, pictures, etc. I would like to link everyone's threads from the site but wasn't sure if everyone is going to start new threads on Reef Frontiers or keep updating theirs at Reefland. The site wouldn't be for starting threads as we already have a way to do that (Reef Frontiers & Reefland).

The site theme is fairly customizable. I selected a theme, cropped one of Charlie's pictures for the header, and added widgets to the side column (all of which can be changed). If any of you are familiar with WordPress and think we should be utilizing any other widgets, please let me know. I would recommend that Charlie link up a Flickr account to the side bar to post pictures for anyone interested in seeing our shenanigans. The cost for the site & domain name is around $24/yr.

Thoughts?

Devon,

I'm not out there, YET, but would be interested in following along, Charlie threatened to build a wall around MT if I gave him warning I was heading that way, so if you don't mind a long distance member, I'm all for it.

hey Devon,
that looks great. thanks for doing that. i guess we are official now. do you think Charlie will wear a tie?

Nice job Devon. Looks great!

So, I have a side question: How do you get your pictures to show up right in your thread?

Can we use photobucket????

You can use code from any picture repository. WordPress just has a widget that sits in the side column that shows the pictures. Look at my site www.devonmorton.com.

Also, we can change out the header picture at anytime, just needs to be 760X190 pixels I believe. If you want to photoshop something up and send it to me, I will put it up.

Nice job Devon. Looks great!

So, I have a side question: How do you get your pictures to show up right in your thread?

Looks like you got it working. I use the "BB code" option from Flickr.

Yes, I did figure it out. I just didn't want to gunk up a thread trying. Got it on the second try though!

Hey Gang,

I created a WordPress blog as kind of a "brochure site" for the NWMRC. I've masked it with the webpage: northwestmontanareefclub.com.

The purpose of this site is simple, deliver information. It would be good for announcing meetings, new member info, links to our threads, pictures, etc. I would like to link everyone's threads from the site but wasn't sure if everyone is going to start new threads on Reef Frontiers or keep updating theirs at Reefland. The site wouldn't be for starting threads as we already have a way to do that (Reef Frontiers & Reefland).

The site theme is fairly customizable. I selected a theme, cropped one of Charlie's pictures for the header, and added widgets to the side column (all of which can be changed). If any of you are familiar with WordPress and think we should be utilizing any other widgets, please let me know. I would recommend that Charlie link up a Flickr account to the side bar to post pictures for anyone interested in seeing our shenanigans. The cost for the site & domain name is around $24/yr.

Thoughts?

I've changed things up a bit on our NWMRC site (northwestmontanareefclub.com). The goal for me is to keep it updated! :juggle:

Back