Ocean-currents

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

In Tri-cities we have a guy that has some for sale. The only problem I heard with them was that they stick due to worms clogging them. So you will have to take them off quite often to clean. They are driven by pump, not a seperate motor like Sea Swirls. So if you are looking for used Ocean Currents Valves. I can contact him.
Ed

Thanks for the reply Ed. I dont know too much about them, just looking for some other options for circulation. Right now I have an 8 outlet CL system on the 210g but it is laminar flow. Was looking into a couple of sea-swirls to create some randomness and ran across the oceans current site. Did you run these before?

No, I have only heard second hand. I am sorry. But Buddy is willing to part with his Cheap. I know he had four of them for $50 last I heard. He did not have a bite on them.
Ed

:doubt:
i had them and in my opinion, they are not worth it. as stated, they clog up and i have even pulled them apart to clean and they still jam....this is ofter only a few weeks!

just my experience......

I had 4 of them running in my 155 bowfront and found they are not worth the headache to keep them running. They are constantly stopping due to calcium, worms, sediment buildup. Now running Sea Swirls with zero maintanence.

Rick

Back