Oceanic Biocube 29 gallon Lighting and waterflow

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sabear1265

I am looking for replacement light bulbs for my Oceanic Biocube 29. I need 2 new bulbs.. a 10,000K and Actinic. These are 36w and 16" long. Where is the cheapest place to buy them online? Also...I have purple algae growing on a lot of my live rock and coral frags. I was told that this is due to poor lighting. Is this good or bad Algae? I have attached a photo of the purple Algae. I would also like to add a powerhead to create more water movement. I am not sure what type to buy. I would appreciate any help that can be offered.
Thanks for the help!
Scott

nanotuners has their brand bulbs for cheap and they fit in the biocube 29 hood. As for the algae, if you are getting purple coraline algae then you are definately doing something right. who told you it was from poor lighting?lol

Nanotuners is having a sale right now

http://www.nanotuners.com/product_info.php?products_id=612&osCsid=ftniqifv15qqmv53srs1sm6k80

036w PC- Nanocustoms 10000K Daylight $9.95
036w PC- Nanocustoms Actinic Blue $9.95
036w PC- Nanocustoms 10000K/Actinic Blue Combo $9.95

For extra flow you might look at adding two Koralia 1 powerheads. I put them in my bc29 I have one blowing towards the surface from right to left, then the other pointed down blowing left to right. Seems to be a good combination for my tank.

Interesting how oceanic just came out with the HQI series bio cubes after i bought the standard one.

If anyone ever has a problem with the moon light for the BC 29 or the glass shield or the fans call this number...

Just in case anyone else has the issue, the number is 1-800-255-4527 and they will answer the phone as Central Aquatics ... my understanding is they handle all Oceanic and All Glass products.

Their customer service guy was awesome. I guess the biocube parts in the hood are almost impossible to buy and he's sending me 3 new moon lights since they burned out and a new glass light cover that was cracked when i bought it, they also replaced for free a noisy hood fan that burned out about 6 months ago.

If anyone ever has a problem with the moon light for the BC 29 or the glass shield or the fans call this number...

Just in case anyone else has the issue, the number is 1-800-255-4527 and they will answer the phone as Central Aquatics ... my understanding is they handle all Oceanic and All Glass products.

Their customer service guy was awesome. I guess the biocube parts in the hood are almost impossible to buy and he's sending me 3 new moon lights since they burned out and a new glass light cover that was cracked when i bought it, they also replaced for free a noisy hood fan that burned out about 6 months ago.

Hey thanks for the number as I have a VERY noisey fan in my 14g cube.

Oh and from the pictures it doesn't look like coraline algae on those frags. It looks like some form of macro algae, but that could just be from the distortion of the acrylic front...or my eyes.

Back