Oceanic Tech Series 70

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

TAV

Anyone have any experience with this tank? Has Starphire front glass, built in overflow. Any suggestions on a good Oceanic dealer. Blue Sierra tells me they can get tank and stand for about $1100.

Any of the LFS can get them for you through Central Pet. Blue Sierra is as good as any and Jonus is a good guy.

Anyone have any experience with this tank? Has Starphire front glass, built in overflow. Any suggestions on a good Oceanic dealer. Blue Sierra tells me they can get tank and stand for about $1100.

I got my 70 in AZ for $800 - stand and tank.

So how do you like the tank? Any pics to share?

Well...I loved the tank but like most, got the urge to go bigger and got a 125. I really miss the starphire glass and the RR megaflow was great. Here are a pic before I took it down. The plumbing came with the tank and everything went together really easy. The stand had a place for a "case fan" which really helped in cooling off the sump. The only thing I can say is that while I like the 3 doors for access on the stand I was always a little leary of the stability. I never had any problems, but was always cautious.

What are your plans for lighting? And are your planning a full reef?

Yes, I'm planning to replace my existing no sump 55 gallon reef tank with the Oceanic system.

I'm using a Current Nova Extreme T5 on the 55 tank with good results, haven't decided what to use on the 90 yet. Suggestions?

What do you plan on keeping? There are lots of options and T5's is certainly a good one. I personally like the open look of the tank on top, that being said I now have a canopy on my 125.

Back