OceanRevive LED's?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i swear there was a really recent thread about these in the new to hobby section. someone suggested BR leds, but the poster went with these? maybe i'm losing it (or just continuing to lose the little thats left)

I have ocean revive lights. They make a few models. I bought OR-IT2060 about a month ago. It is my first led & I think its great! I have an 8' tank, 2' tall. I need 3 of these lights for my tank. I received my second light yesterday & already bought a third. This will be a great reduction in power as I had metal halides. If I had a deep tank I would have bought the 16" model as it has the same amount of led's but closer together & deeper light penetration. My corals are gaining more color too. The built in timer is sweet!

There are multiple sellers on ebay that have ocean revive lights. Depending on seller, you can buy now between $320-$380 (IT2060 model). Aqua2goled is where I bought mine. This seller sometimes offers this light up for auction with a starting bid of $260 but only lists for a 24 hour period. Nobody bids! You can get it for $260. Other sellers start out lower but @ $260 their reserve is not met. I have seen people bid over $320 from the sellers that have it up for auction for a week.

My new led [] 2014-02-14 07.42.51.jpg

I saw something said about a new model coming with greater control.
IMO control is everything when it comes to lighting that is as powerful as leds.

I had made a thread earlier about these lights. I went with S026's and couldn't be happier. They didn't have the T series. I absolutely love my S026's i have 2 over a 75.

I had made a thread earlier about these lights. I went with S026's and couldn't be happier. They didn't have the T series. I absolutely love my S026's i have 2 over a 75 and everything is great. I am jealous of this new model tho...

I could be wrong but I believe the model you want has 2 dimmable channels. You adjust to the intensity you want & the timer turns the channel on/off. The intensity of each channel stays the same as you set all day. The IT series can do that too. The huge difference on the IT series, you can change the intensity throughout the day. You get sunrise, morning, afternoon, evening, sunset. There is a factory set mode for this but you can alter that too.

Yea the s series is all done with dials. Two separate channels with dials for each. The T series is the same thing but digital. The IT series like you stated has the all electronic that can increase the intensity throughout the day making for a more natural experience for the coral and fish. IT series is the best bet if you have the money.

The link you show has the lights you want as out of stock. Aqua2goled has very similar for $140. Same housing. There is no built in timer. It has 2 channels that dim with knobs. 2 cords you plug in to your own timer. No remote. Way cheaper though.

I decided to take a light reading before I installed my new led today. I have a dimmable 250w lumatek ballast set at 250 ( it has 150, 175, 250, super bright settings). I have lumen Max eleite shield with old ushio 14k bulbs. The readings bounce due to top water flow but are 375-410. The fixture is 16" above the tank.[]2014-02-14 11.44.15.jpg

I left the light meter in the same spot & installed the led fixture 16" above the tank & got readings 650-680. I will leave it on cloudy mode a few days while everything adjust to the led's.2014-02-14 12.55.27.jpg

Wow! Quite the difference. That's Par readings right? I'm just learning about LED's :)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Three on an 8 foot tank.... would two be overkill on a 4 foot tank (standard 75)?

Back