• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Oceans by Design aquarium led light fixtures

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

A

Amphitrite

Oceans by Design Helios 180w aquarium led light fixture
helios-180w-aquarium-led-fixture_zpsfca4c7c4.gif
Measuring a slim 18 x 11 inches, this fixture packs a punch. Using the latest in technology we have design the 180w fixture with 6 clusters of twelve high powered Bridgelux led's, 72 3 watt chips in total, that can easily light a two foot square area providing more than enough par to grow any type of coral throughout the aquarium depths. The fixture has two channels with Rheostat dimming controls allowing you to dial in the color you like without sacrificing the light intensity the corals require. The white channel contains a mixture of white, blue, royal blue, violet and cyan colored led's. This provides the needed spectrum to excite as many pigments in the coral as possible. The blue channel contains blue, royal blue, violet, and cyan led's. This furthers the light intensity. The blue channel controls the 4 outer clusters, so that you can simulate a dawn and dusk effects and the white channel brings in the balance of the light for the balance of the day. With this layout we can see no separation of light beams, just a full balanced color over your tank. The Helios 180w comes with 2 Rheostat control dimmers, full wide angle optics, power cords(with the ability to daisy chain if you are using more than one) a hanging kit and a one year warranty. This fixture can be used with both the Apex and Adreno style controllers. For an additional fee Oceans by Design will customize the unit by installing a Typhon controller, sketch, and a slick acrylic box.At $369.99 +tx this is a powerful yet affordable aquarium light fixture.

Oceans by Design Helios 120w aquarium led light fixture
helios-120w-aquarium-light-fixture_zpsd0fd5d74.gif
Measuring a slim 11 x 11 inches, this fixture packs a punch. Using the latest in technology we have design the 120w fixture with 4 clusters of twelve high powered Bridgelux led's, 48 3 watt chips in total, providing more than enough par to grow any type of coral throughout the aquarium depths. The fixture has two channels with Rheostat dimming controls allowing you to dial in the color you like without sacrificing the light intensity the corals require. The white channel contains a mixture of white, blue, royal blue, violet and cyan colored led's. This provides the needed spectrum to excite as many pigments in the coral as possible. The blue channel contains blue, royal blue, violet, and cyan led's. This furthers the light intensity. The blue channel enables you to simulate a dawn and dusk effect and the white channel brings in the balance of the light for the balance of the day. With this layout we can see no separation of light beams, just a full balanced color over your tank. The Helios 120w comes with 2 Rheostat control dimmers, full wide angle optics, power cords(with the ability to daisy chain if you are using more than one) a hanging kit and a one year warranty. This fixture can be used with both the Apex and Adreno style controllers. For an additional fee Oceans by Design will customize the unit with a Typhon controller, sketch, and a slick acrylic box.At $269.99 +tx this is a powerful yet affordable aquarium light fixture.

Wow the lights look great. Quick question controllable by Apex you mean outlet on/off on an outlet. The dimmable feature is manual?

The light fixture can be wired into various controllers that would control ramp up and down simulating dawn to dusk lighting mode. This is aftermarket and if we do the work we will warranty the fixture. The light is manually dimmable using the Rheostat controllers on the face of the light.

I would also like to add that the light can be adjusted to give a 14k to 20k look. Suiting just about everyone

Sent an email about these through the email on your facebook account. Haven't received a response (it's only been half a day) just wasn't sure if there was a better way to contact with questions. Thanks! Great looking units.

Sent an email about these through the email on your facebook account. Haven't received a response (it's only been half a day) just wasn't sure if there was a better way to contact with questions. Thanks! Great looking units.

Thank you for the compliments Perry. I'm sorry you didn't see a response from the FB contact. Becca said she sent an email reply to you earlier today. I think it was around 1:00. You can reach me at [email protected] if you can't find her email.

Is there a benefit to having the leds in a round cluster like those?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

so im wondering if i could pay with a CC for one of these and have it shipped to my house before you guys are open in november??
We are set up with paypal(merchant services is coming) so if that works for you then YES we can ship to your home. Shipping would run about $15 for one day home delievery

Is there a benefit to having the leds in a round cluster like those?Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
No real benefit to the livestock, putting the led chips in a cluster brings the point of light closer together resulting in a better blend of light. It is more pleasing to our eyes, you don't get the "disco" effect that is common with the in line led's.

Just to give a little more detail on the controllability. Both units are dimmable, they come with a two channel dimmer switches which can be dimmed manually. We have wired and tested and we can hook the lights up to a a Typhoon style controller such as the one sold by Boost LED. Our plan is to take the boost led controller and to put it into a nice black acrylic box (about an inch or so thick by 4 inches tall and 4 inches wide) this way some one could put it on the face of their tank or inside of it or on the coffee table next to their tank or where ever. On the Apex unit, in working with Neptune we can do the same kind of wiring to achieve the same control flexibility that the APex offers. In this case we would install a wired female insert into the light in which would could simply run the Apex Variable speed port to control the lighting. So on both the Apex and the Typhoon style can give you the ability to do all the dawn/dusk, ramp up and ramp down and all the other cool effects folks like. Now a little something that I really think is cool.> Say you have an existing canopy and their is no way these light fixtures will fit?? no problemo! we have all the components and we can retro fit your canopy with them??? Based on your design and with as many lights as you want??> Or lets say you want a cool slick looking hanging fixture hanging over your tank?? Like one say made out of a black acyrlic or out of the same wood as the rest of your tank?? About 2 inches tall ? as loing and wide as you need for your tank and with as many lights in it as you wish?? Built in controller?? Sky's the limit folks its all about making it CUSTOM at OBD.Mojo

Can the smaller unit be mounted inside a "Canopy/Hood"? The reason I ask is I may be looking for a change in my LEd on my JBJ NanoCube. It currently has a DIY LED unit mounted inside the hood and I'd like something more... well more modern and capable than what I have now.

Nothing is out of the question Al. We have the ability to make it any size. Take a peek at the 4 cluster unit, we can break that down into just two clusters and then wrap into a custom wood or black acrylic box???

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Is it possible to do a "Remote Ballast" assembly?

I'm thinking about replacing my DIY unit that's inside my NanoCube 12g hood. It's all remote ballast now so that only things IN the hood are the LED and the fans.

Let me know what details you need and let's see if we can work something out.

If it would be better to work more one-on-one I have no problem with calling or we can even work through email. Whatever is easiest and most efficient.

I can probably dig up some pictures of what I'm working with if that helps at all.

Last edited:
Back