• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Oceans by Design Quarantine Process

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

brad. you should always quarantine. what obd does is give your new joys a fighting chance. but the qt process helps reduce stress, thoroughly see the item, and make sure they eat and eat what you want to feed in your tank.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

Now that my office is getting moved up to Seatac I will have to stop by on my way home here in the next week or two and check you guys out. I cant wait to see what you have and take home some goodies for my tanks.

Everything about OBD is great I am from Wenatchee and will stop there anytime I am in the area, I got the Reef Pest Solutions All Out dip there with some great pieces out of there DT and there was all kinds of pests and worms in the bottom after doing the dip. Corals are doing great and also purchased 5 great fish from them also in the past 4 weeks and they to are doing great it was a load off my shoulders knowing there QT proccess, I am always scared to add fish since I dont have a qt tank but now I can with lower risks and will have to be back to get some more Bartlet's soon to get a school going.

Thanks again for all the great pieces and fish your store is the best.

Awesome!!! As soon as my build is complete I will be in to get my fish!

Is there a way to special order fish and have them put through the same process?

OBD does a 2 week + quarantine. It is an awesome service, but it does not replace the 4-6 week quarantine that we all should be doing.

OBD does a 2 week + quarantine. It is an awesome service, but it does not replace the 4-6 week quarantine that we all should be doing.

Thank you Jason, for reinforcing that for us. You are correct in that our process should NEVER replace the hobbyists quarantine system. We are simply trying to give the fish a better fighting chance out of the bag until it reaches your QT system. Anything we can do to improve that process is our goal and that is all. We will never recommend not quarantining any fish we sell. Your personal aquarium and the love, work and money you have put into it are far to valuable to risk because of our process. YOU, as a conscientious hobbyist, should always take as many precautions practical when adding new life to your little box of the ocean.

Is there a way to special order fish and have them put through the same process?

Here is our official policy on this as it has been asked a few times now.

As an extra service, Oceans by Design will happily special order any available specimens for any customer with a full payment in advance. This specimen can either be picked up when it arrives or it can be run through our 2 week QT process. It's up to the customer. There is no price difference between either scenario at this time. The mortality of the specimen is not the liability of Oceans by Design. If the specimen is DOA we can try to recover a refund or replacement from the supplier but as a norm that is typically not available. If the customer chooses Oceans by Design to run the specimen through the QT process and it does not survive it does not entitle the customer to a refund or replacement for any reason. Our customers who use this service need to understand that our suppliers do not credit us back for ANYTHING that dies and we can not be expected to do so either. We are sorry if this sounds blunt but it needs to be so it is fully understood.

I am aware that you should do your own qt process I simply saying if your someone like myself that does not have a qt tank who would you buy fish from? A store that does their own qt or one that doesn't.

I believe OBD is in the proses of designing and building an affordable AIO quarantine system. Easy to set up and tear down as needed. Its just a matter of time before it is available.

For consumers, something small

Last edited:
That would be cool definitely worth checking into. Even tho I only need a few more anthias and my tank will be at max capacity.

Back