oceans motions design

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fairlan

Hi I'm going to set up new tank with 8 way oceans motions with 8 revolutions in a 125 gal tank any layout ideas on best way

i run a 8-way on both of my tanks(a 90 and a 225) and wouldnt have it any other way. One a dsb and one a BB tank that I never have to siphon anything out of. Im a big fan of incorporating spraybars into them, and not sure I would see a ton of value to using revolutions as well, but many ways to skin a cat. ;)

I power both of them with Hammerheads

Tell me a little more about what kind of tank you are wanting to set up and I can tell you what i think from my experience with them. You can follow the link in my signature and see how I have them both set up.....the plumbing pics are at the bottom of the page

Last edited:
Hi fly guy I have a 60x18wx25 aqrylic tank corner overflow dolphin 3000 pump for closed loop ( on current tank) 250 w metal halides and 1020 gal hr iwaki pump for return

Tagging along (Fairlan is my Dad) and I will be giving a helping hand on this project.....

Matt

primarily sps tank?? What kind of corals??

bb or sandbed??

Have you thought about using spraybars?? Why do you want to use revolutions as well??

I dont think that pump is going to cut it regardless of the answers above.

I would recomend a barricuda or hammerhead pump for this application too.
(Check them out on marine depot. the baricuda is 4500 gph and is $299)

Matt

I just checked out your album FLY GUY and just thought I would share you pic of your plumbing of the 8way..
This is what you have to look foward to Dad....

pipingback.jpg

I just checked out your album FLY GUY and just thought I would share you pic of your plumbing of the 8way..

Thats the 90...it was a little tighter fit than on the 225. ;) The 90 also has a external coast to coast overflow which made it a little tougher yet

you can see the 225 has quite a bit more room.......the second pic is of the 90 as well, but just of the cls, you can see whats going on a little better

225plumbingback-1.jpg

8way-90.jpg

The 8 way ocean ? All those tank penetrations are fine with the plexiglass tanks can you do that with glass and not lose tank intregritity,I think I know but any data out on this? Also glass vs. plexi which has the better view?

The 8 way ocean ? All those tank penetrations are fine with the plexiglass tanks can you do that with glass and not lose tank intregritity,I think I know but any data out on this? Also glass vs. plexi which has the better view?
I have I glass 265g and use the seaswrls and (2)vortex variable speed 50-3000 powerheads.

Back