OceansMotions Group Buy

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MarineDreamer

Est. April 2nd, 2005
Hey Everyone,

My wife and I are getting ready to buy a new house. And everyone (here at least) knows that when you get a new house, you get a new tank! In that light, I’m getting ready to pick up an OceansMotions 8-Way. Everyone should be thinking of gifts for Mother’s Day/Father’s Day/Whom Evers B-Day!

OM will let you do a group buy. So, I’m trying to get as many people as I can to participate in a group buy.

OM’s rules can be found here.

My rules are:

1) You have to be local. I.E. The Puget Sound basin or willing to get here; in other words, I’m not going to be shipping!
2) Drop dead date is June, 15th 2006. All orders have to be into me by that date.
3) All monies are up-front. I’ll take PayPal, cash at PSAS meetings, or check by mail, if you’re still doing that!

In reference to rules number 2 and 3; what I plan on doing is emailing OM the list of names and orders, getting the price break down, and then emailing that back to the participants, then collecting monies, and hopefully have the payment to OM no later than July 1st, 2006.

So come on everyone, I only need four people for the first level of 10% off!

lol I think a bottle a Brute' or a bundle of flowers may serve as better gifts than an oscilating valve :) but what do I know? Maybe if you engrave the motor cap with a customized message! :)

Be cautious, I purchased a 4 way and still have problems with it clicking real bad. I had to order a new sleeve for the inside, they say it will correct the problem

good luck

coastalpleasure said:
Be cautious, I purchased a 4 way and still have problems with it clicking real bad. I had to order a new sleeve for the inside, they say it will correct the problem

good luck
My 8-way has been running non stop for over a year without a single problem. I have been nothing but happy with this product!

I wouldnt hesitate to stand by the OM wavemaker. I have one of the first 8-ways which has been running for coming on 2yrs soon.. I love it.

Trevor, I'd join the party if I had the need.. Let me know if you want any help plumbing/designing/setting up the new tank.

jlehigh said:
Trevor, I'd join the party if I had the need.. Let me know if you want any help plumbing/designing/setting up the new tank.

Oh John, you just have no idea! :badgrin: We're supposed to be closing on the house on June 26th. Once I get the measurements, shore up the purchase of a 180 gallon, I will be calling upon EVERYONE for plumbing design, electrical design, and LR placement! But that's for another thread!:D

coastalpleasure said:

good luck

CP,
Not to minimize your experiences; but you are the first one that I've heard with a problem with any OM product.

I was able to follow along with Todd, DisturbedReefer, and I was quite surprised with the level of personal attention that Todd was getting with his questions about installing his 8-Way. That and of course the performance of the 8-Way itself after it was installed. Thank you none the less for sharing your thoughts.

But, I've only got one interested party? Come on everyone! Just three more! Your wife/husband/spouse/significant other/Acropora emailed me this morning and let me know that you were authorized unlimited funds! :eek:

costal pleasure I am sure paul at o.m. will fix it. He really stands by with help and support mine is a bit warm on top but runs silent the little it's been on :)

as I said, I am getting a replacement sleeve to see if it will rectify the problem. I hope it does, the concept is great.

P.S. I am not the only, one other reefer in my area had the same problem. He is going to try the new sleeve also.

I shared my experience, do with it what you will.

coastalpleasure said:

good luck

If you are not happy with what you have then use the toll free number to get it dealt with.. I promise there will be no unsatisfied customers.

Paul

MarineDreamer,

Wish I would of heard of this about a month ago. I just ordered and installed 2 of their Revolution units. Very simple concept, work nice, and aren't any more obtrusive in a tank than a power head... but offer a rotating flow pattern, which is kinda neat! For the price (about $35 average) they are a neat idea, and I would recommend people look into them along with this order!

Marine Dreamer,

When you get around to placing the order you can count me in for a 4-way. I just hope we can get the group buy. Talk to ya soon.

My 4 way is in a deep sand and now that I know how to deal with that it seems to be really nice :) By the way they sent me a drum to help with sand that was getting stuck overnight for free as well as educating me on just about every possible water movement method out there :)

Hey Trevor,

Is this still going to happen. I know this is at the wire but I might be interested in a 8 Way.

Congo said:
Hey Trevor,

Is this still going to happen. I know this is at the wire but I might be interested in a 8 Way.

Hey James, Everyone;

Sorry guys, there just wasn't enough interest to pull this off.

Sorry.

Back