OceansMotions - have you all seen this thing?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Paul
so the 8 way will handle the 3hp pump? Or was I lost when we talked. I am just waiting on the new 4 way to make my order. I have some people who are vary interested but they want to see it working in person. I figure I will set up a demo tank in the front of the store. I am having a 155 acrylic tank drilled for this and we'll see how they like it. I might use the 8 way on it and to it like Carl put in his graphic and run a Mag 36 or a MDQ 5 on it. The 4 way is going to be set up on the tidal tank we are making. I think that would be the best set up for that.

Hi Steve

Are you really sure its a 3hp? I have a jacuzzi here that is 24 inches long and 15 inches high and it's only a one hp

sure it isn't 3/4hp? :)

if it happens to be 3hp you better glue frags and rock and likely the tank down to something pretty secure.:)

this jacuzzi could empty your tank in less than 2 minutes,thats a lot of flow.

Paul

I was going to try one in our rock tanks its around 3900 gal total and yes the main pump is 3 hp 3 phase. We try to keep the water flow in the live rock cueing tanks vary high. The system can hold 7000 lbs of rock at one time, but it has mostly around 2500 - 3500 in it. Figure if I mount the 8 way and have 4 jets in each of the 2 main tanks then I would have a better flow compared to the 2x4 inch lines that return the water.

As long as you have the correct drum and all the water you pump in is dispersed there will be no problem, if you come from the pump with an 1 1/2 line then version 2 would work well with alternating flow , I would open the can a little further to get the slight difference between the inlet flow and the 2 outlets to make them identical to have zero hammering.

hope this helps

Paul

Last edited:
Paul, what is the distance between centers on the outlet ports on the 8-way? I'm drilling holes in the back of my tank right now and want to have the option to easily drop in the 8-way at a later date. -Larry

Hi Larry

Center to center is exactly 1.5", they are close, if you are going to use male to female connectors you need to stagger them to avoid interference.
HTH

Paul

the first one out is up and running, I believe he is planning a video of it in his 300 gallon tank

later guys

Paul

Hi Guys

Finally back home after a little time off, the 4 ways are almost done and should be ready by the weekend.

Spent time on the phone with Mojoreef while driving through Virginia, that was a fun drive, better than the trip to the NC Police dept on the return trip, is 87 mph really that much of a problem?

Mike , you have a large tank, whats the norm for Euro bracing in both width and thickness?

thanx

Paul

try the website there is new video there now .

I could do a video of my tank but I am sure a sand storm isn't too exciting, I guess the Sequence does pump as much as they say it does.

Paul

Paul I am very interested in your product for my closed loop and was wondering what the wait time on construction of a 1-1/2" 4 way unit would be?

-Erik

Would shipping Wednesday be soon enough? I need time to figure what your requirements are , pump size etc and what version you prefer to optimize your system, then the drums need to be custom machined to suit.

Any local folks order on of these setups yet, and are you willing to let me prod you with some questions?

-Erik

Hi Erik

I am in Toronto Canada, not sure where Green Lake is so I cannot respond to your first question, as to the other question

prod away... thats what I am here for.

Paul

Paul,

GreenLake is in Seattle Washington, down here in the States. I appreciate your willingness to answer any and all question I just don't want to take up any more of your time as I have seen you running around a number of boards trying to satiate everyones' need for information on your product, but since you offered your on. I was just hoping for someone local who could give a little anecdotal opinion. You mentioned you had a phone conversation with Mojo, so perhaps I will also try to pry something out of him.

-Erik

It's 1am in the morning here, otherwise i would ask you just to call if you wished, I need some beauty sleep, not a lot but some.
There are a number of units now being installed and as I receive or read reviews or comments I will be hosting them on the site, along with video and pics, feel free to contact any of the people that have units , I have nothing to hide and everything to gain.

5 large public aquariums will be either installing or receiving varius units they have purchased in the coming week, I am sure they will give honest reviews, there is no rush, your corals have survived so far, a week or two will not hurt to wait.

Paul

Back