OceansMotions - have you all seen this thing?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey Paul I sent you out an e-mail full of question and rabblings on the 24th and was wondering if you did not receive it for some reason? I want to drill my darned tank and just need to decide if I will go with my original plans or give your device a try.

-Erik

Hi Erik

I just checked my outgoing mail, it was indeed a long letter..lol

I suggested you give me a call on the toll free line to save me all that typing, I am going no-place today so if you want to give me a call I am all ears Toll Free -1 877-812-4108

Paul

Last edited:
Paul,

I still have not heard back from you after your PM. I would really like it if you could e-mail me that reponse. Thanks a million and I hope to hear from you in the near future as I am very interested in your product and running out of time in which to make my decision

-Erik

email copy

Hi Eric

Not sure why you didn't receive this, I sent it again but I will answer here as well, this is the original reply.

Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 18:50:35 -0500
To: Erik Olaf Anderson <[email protected].>
Subject: Re: Macbeth417 4-way

Hi Erik

This is a drum driven at 1rpm, it could be put on a timer if you desired and
told to go for say 7 seconds and then wait as long as you wish then go for
another 7 seconds and so on, this would give an ever changing pattern as the
timer nor motor would ever be that accurate to go exactly to any particular
outlet.
As you stated the water gently moves from one port to another, never any
abrupt moves.

Yes it can be mounted vertically, mount it any way you wish. the motor
consumes 7 1/5 wattts.

I have only the versions shown on the site but by using 45 degree outlets you
can get a square effect.

You could have a drum modified to outlet through 2 and a half outlets at a
time if you wish, your the boss I do as I am told and keep you happy, thats
what I am here for

I hope I have answered all your questions, feel free to ask more, sorry not
to have responded earlier I just got the PM

Paul

No worries Paul,
I just assumed you were swamped.

There is a period after my e-mail address "To: Erik Olaf Anderson <[email protected].>" perhaps that was the proplem.

Well all sounds well and good, I will work on a drawing and a drum with a 2.5 outlet sound like just the thing for me.

I will use your e-mail as I assume you prefer that.
I used the forum to send up a single flare, as I thought you had dropped off into the distant wilderness of the internet... never to return. ; )

-Erik

Last edited:
You mean to tell me that a little tiny tiny tiny dot was the reason for the delay...wow

makes me wonder how UPS gets anything delivered.

Must be magic... and no I didn't dissapear, have been working on a tiny version for the nano guys.

nite all

Paul

How much head pressure is lost through the 4 way unit?
I am considering one of these on a smaller tank, (36Lx18Wx21H)
I will be using it for a closed loop, and will run it up over the top of the tank....tank is glass and would like to drill as few holes in it as possible. Figure 3 , 90 degree elbows per outlet... I can get that part figured out, I'm just curious about the head loss caused by the unit itself...
Thanks,
Nick

Hi Maxx

Figure head loss to be the same as one 90degree elbow.

have a great day

Really! Thats it??!!
Rock on, will give you a call shortly.
Nick

Hey Paul,
I spoke w/ your for about an hour on Wednesday night. You gave me a lot to think about, so I came up w/ some new schematics for my tank......want to bounce these off everyone. I do have this posted elsewhere here on the board, (Tank design forum thread, so I apologize if anyone has been subjected to this twice...
Anyway..this is a 58 gallon tank, (36Lx18Wx21H) and I'm planning on running the heavy duty 4 way OM unit. There will be a high CL return w/ 3/4 inch 180 degree Revolutions up top, (one each side of the tank, 4 on the front), and two lower CL return manifolds to sweep the corners, hit the front glass at 45 degree angle and under the rock formations to "flush" crap out from inside. I will probably be going w/ a 1000-1200 GPH pump for closed loop, and running 2 ports at once w/ the OM to spread the flow around. On the lower manifolds, the corner shots will be reduced to create some back pressure in order to generate sufficient fow to the other two ports.....rock flush may be enlarged in order to reduce velocity but allow volume flow.
The sump return will actually be a spray bar, but will run over the top of the tank, partially over the overflow and have two holes drilled in it to prevent back siphon during power loss. The goal is to have the holes drilled over the overflow so that escaping water goes back into the overflow causing some noise to have an auditory indicator that things are okay, and also to lessen encrusting overgrowth by critters. Return pump will be a Mag 7 that I have lying around.
Whats everyone think?
I'd rather know from the experts that I have too much flow or a bad plan before I spend money....so please be honest and straight forward.
Nick

Paul,

This is what I am thinking as far as the device. The lines are 1.5" and the bulkheads are 1".

2621_2.jpg

This seem workable to you?

-Erik

Back