Oct 16,2010 meeting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Crystalclear125

Saturday, October 16, 2010. 10 AM starts no later..
the society will enjoy a tour of Rain forest cafe behind the scene with a discussion of Bamboo Shark breeding and rearing program
Life Support room where the eggs are incubating, and which can only hold about 8 people at a time.
if your hungry after the tour. you can stop and have a bite to eat before leaving http://www.rainforestcafe.com/pdf/menus/menu.pdf
Door prize will be given at the end of our tour...
161 Southcenter Mall, Tukwila, King, Washington 98188

Last edited:
We will see their 5 adult Brown banded Bamboo sharks, 2 mummified specimens, ~28 eggs with live embryos, one dissected egg/embryo, our new Australian Marbled Catshark and her egg in quarantine in the back, all 150+ of their other fish, and the life support systems in the back. Members will learn the breeding, nutrition, water quality, and housing requirements for keeping and breeding the bamboo, epaulette, coral, and cat sharks. kids will get a certificate for a free kid’s meal, but adults should bring lunch and “milk” money.

I am hoping we can make it......I will be returning from oregon after a lengthy biz trip away the day before......so depends how beat up I am when I get back LOL

We will be there. We always wanted to see what goes on behind the scenes in this restaurant.

Thank you PSAS BOD for arranging this presentation/tour. It was very interesting and the speaker was very entertaining. Glad I do not have to run my tank according to "Corporate Guidelines", lol!

glad you had a good time.. Next month here we come.
if we can find a member who has a place we can do the under tank meeting...

Back