~~ October 20th PSAS meeting with LEE BIRCH~~

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

What a fantastic meeting! If you weren't there, you really missed out.

Lee provided a very entertaining and informative presentation on Nutrition and has many of us digging through our food supply today reading the labels, determining what we will continue to feed and what we won't. No wonder why my "Buddy" and "Little Buddy" always act like they are starving. I'm really going to work on it!

Thank You Lee for a terrific presentation!

Thanks also to Barrier Reef for all the raffle frags. Those "colored sticks" are always so beautiful. :)

You should have been there!!!

Vicki

Agreed.

This was my first meeting, and it was well worth it. I think the conclusion from most everyone there was we are not feeding proper nutrition to our fish. I am definitely going to re-read my fish labels and formulate a different food plan.

Kirk

Awesome meeting! Thanks Lee for coming out to speak. I feel so much more informed on fish nutrition. I came in knowing little more about feeding then "give pellets to fish once a day or so". Now I am going to rethink my feeding entirely.
I think we had 8 frags to raffle between 16 people? Pretty good odds for those of us who went. I hope more peeps come to the next one.

Peace

Great meeting! Thanks to Mr. Birch and the club for putting it on. The information presented on fish nutrition was fantastic. It has spurred us to contact food manufacturers in order to learn more about their ingredients. This will help us keep better foods on our shelves for all of you. Hope everyone enjoys their frags!

Wow, what a great meeting. After nearly 20 years doing this I was surprised how much I learned. Thanks Lee!

And again, Thanks! to Barrier Reef for the frags.

Jon

You are all very welcome. You were an attentive and kind audience and I enjoyed my time with you all. I got to put some faces with the names I read and saw first hand the kindness and care you have for our fish friends.

Keep up the good work PSAS! :)

Thanks Lee and Barrier Reef. :DIt was very informative. Like everyone else I will be checking those labels with lot more attention than I have previously given them.

Ditto what everyone else said here, it was an especially interesting meeting. Lee, I was happy to hear what you said about how blind fish can, with some growth, regain their eyesight. My baby clownfish that was blind I think has regained some sight in at least one eye. I thought I was imagining things! :)

And, "What Colleen said." There needs to be more people attending these meetings or else the club is not going to be able to afford to bring in these great speakers like Lee Birch.

Please come out and support the club!

I loved finding out how to tell if a fish is not storing proper nutrition by sight !!!

I also got to meet some of our new members as Well.

Thank's Barrier reef for the 10 Large frags You donated for the raffle !!! :) :) :)

Many were bigger than 2" Mostly Multi Branching Colorfull Acro's and some Rare Colored Mushrooms.

See You all at the Frag Swap Next Month :)

Paul

The eye growth of fish was just 'discovered' a few months ago, Jan. It seems that a blind fish can, in time, regain enough sight to see 'blurs' and light v. dark objects around them. Depending upon when the blindness set in relative to their age, they may regain a decent portion of their sight.

Back