October PSAS Meeting- Randy Reed

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ok I'll play !

What is good for fish in Macro plankton?

Omega 3 fatty acids! it is vital for our marine animals, without it they will not survive long term. This is not available in freshwater foods, only found in macroalgaes and other animals up the food chain that consume macroalgae or consume other animals that consume the macroalgae. (I did not take notes, but I did pay attention!)

My turn for a question: What is the difference between microalgae and macroalgae?

"My turn for a question: What is the difference between microalgae and macroalgae? "

Micro= SINGLE CELLED

MACRO=MORE CELLS

"What is good for fish in Macro plankton?"

How about Pigments and sterols better color.

( I tried taking notes for 2 little fishes but man did he speak fats at times!)

"I would love to see the CLIF notes! "

Maybe try ziggy notes?

I just wanted to say we had a blast at the meeting, meeting some of you in person and learned alot and cannot wait for the next one :) Hubby and I since winning one of the raffles decided our live Copepods (Tigger Pods) needed a home so... we went and bought a refugium whoo hoo :)

OK...I have a question: I feed the typical dried nori which is a green algae. Is there a source of shredded brown algae?

Too rich for me dude! :lol: I am going to find some shredded...it must exist if I want it right?

The link that Trido provided is actually a link to the larger package. Click on the link and change the size to the smaller one and you can get that one for like $5.50.

Except I feed a great deal of nori. I would need the large size. :)

I buy mine at the H mart in Federal Way. 50 sheets for 7.99 (brown) 70 sheets 5.99 (green). You can get lost in the seaweed aisle there, 1 whole side of the aisle is seaweed.

yeah, can you check next time you are there and see if they have brown, unseasoned, shredded nori?

I am hearing feed back from members saying they will most likely be raising rotifers after this meeting. Randy showed his formula for raising rotifers. It was nice to learn there is a product without nitrates and phosphates available for rotifer food. I have to admit seeing several large 450 gallon tubs with so many rotifers ( looked like Mud) was quite impressive.

Along with all the knowledge gained, there were also some terrific raffle items and a door prize. Randy Reed donates two complete sets of Reef Nutrition Products and a member of the Idaho club donated a bunch Bellaphos phosphate remover. Many members left with new products to try out.

Al G. was the winner of the $25.00 Barrier Reef Gift Certificate Door Prize.

Back