~ October ~ Reef Frontiers ~ Pic of the Month ~

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

TJL

copod
OK All, here we go again and this month we can have a little fun with the content...

October
~ " Best Scariest and/or Grossest (not rude/crude) reeftank pic" Reefs are a battle ground so use your imagination.

After watching my 'Orange Crush' Acan echinata devour a rather large Mushroom recently this woould have been an exceptional subject if only I were able to compete here. So lets see what you'll can come up with....

Cheers, Todd

Last edited:
I asked wifey what she thought was the nastiest thing she ever saw in my tank and this was her answer. "Those creepy friggin' worms"

PICT1176.jpg

BUMP :bump2: :bump"

Thanks guys for sharing some pretty cool pics to get this thread moving again. It's been a lil dificult lately with the site issues and all.

Cheers, Todd

I just set fishy's pic as my desktop backgound. It's completly frightening now! ....dog ran from the room yelping, cat is stuck to the ceiling fan...even the fish are hiding!

And they all say we must be overfeeding....I call it bristle breeding! :rockon:

^lol i dont have a scary pic like that. Although i have seen bristle works as big in diameter as my thumb and over 12'' long. They scare the crap out of me when maintaining larger tanks and fuges haha. Anyways, here is a pic of my paly's eating a mini brittle starfish.

170272_1697221065263_5719827_o.jpg

Thanks All, keep em coming. An experiment came to mind the other day and would also a good subject for this Contest: I have an 'Orange Crush' Acan echinata which seems to me to be one of the most aggressive feeders I have ever had in any of my tanks so..... how about a A. echinata -vs- Aiptasia Glass Cage Match ? does anyone have both in thier system and would like to document their results ? could be Horrifying for the Aiptasia.... I hope. Just some Creepy Haloween thoughts that could earn someone a RF Pic of the Month badge...

Cheers, Todd

Ok I'll play....heres a zoa spider I caught on a frag I got one day. caught it befor the frag went in the tank. It was pretty good size.

IMG_20120131_195442.jpg

due to lack of response I will join in. this was one of many HUNDREDS of hydrya that hatched out in my tank while it was pretty new. it kinda looks ghostly I guess

hitchiker92511.jpg

Back