official July tank tour thread. Finally

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Talk about awesome time.... I mean .... it is really A W E S O M E !!!!.
Everybody's tank is outrageous....

Thanks everybody for sharing.... It was a blast.

Thank you to Ilham, Aaron, Donavan, John, Jesse, and Dang. I had a great time and saw some great tanks. I'll try to post some pics in the next few days.

Elmo, thanks for the frags....

orange cap.
cap_orange.jpg

purple cap.
cap_purple.jpg

Reedman.

Thanks for letting me borrow your bulbs...
Well, the 1 year old XM bulbs blows my new 1 month ushio bulb away.... you need to wear shades for these bulbs... and for the other brand of bulb... its also brighter than my ushio but more yellowish/reddish color to it.

Great tour everyone! Thanks for opening up your home to let us see your slice of the ocean! Hey Ilham, you don't have to wait until next year, we have the south end tour next month :D

DisturbedReefer said:
Special thanks to Brad and Ilham for the frags...I'll post some pictures when I get my camera back.

Ooops.....tomorrow will be cool Todd.

- Ilham

John (Jlehigh). I really like what you did with your tank... specially the small kinda table in front of the tank.... like a bar or something... Also... if you want to change that SE bulb 20k of yours. I have a spare XM 10K bulb here that is 2-3 months old. Let me know if you want it then maybe we can agree on a price or something.

wish i could have been there...sorry guys! i be there for te south end tour though..and jesse i still really want to see your tank can i maybe come by some time..please

Pics

Well, here's my amateur photography from the tour. I missed Ilhams place and I can't get a picture of Dang's tank to turn out so maybe someone else will post them. And I forget to get pics of John's tank becuase he lives near me and let's me come over and put fingerprints on his glass anytime I want ;)

Here's Aaron's & Donovan's tanks.

well even though i couldn't do the tour, i was very exited to meet everyone.
The only person i missed seeing was Colleen :cry: .

It was a great tour and thanks to everyone involved this year. I still cant beleive that tank was that big. I was expecting 400 gallons or so.

Katchupoy said:
John (Jlehigh). I really like what you did with your tank... specially the small kinda table in front of the tank.... like a bar or something... Also... if you want to change that SE bulb 20k of yours. I have a spare XM 10K bulb here that is 2-3 months old. Let me know if you want it then maybe we can agree on a price or something.

Thanks Cesar, I actually have a 10K XM bulb. I traded between he two and could never make up my mind but I ended up choosing the 20K until the other Luminarcs are done.

Then we have Donovan's Monster FO tank and jlehigh's SPS tank, sorry John I didn't get a good over all shot but I did get some good shots of individual SPS. I did get some pretty good half tank shots but they are so saturated with great color that i can't get them small enough to post :(

Next we were off to Jesseb's natural lighting tank and then the infamous Dang's SPS tank...I took tons of pictures of Dangs tank. Dang if you are interested I can make you a disc of all the shots I took of your tank and bring it when I come back for some goodies ;) Here are a few of my favorite shots of Dang's beauties :D

Back