OH MY GOD WHAt HECK BUBBLE ANEMONE

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

emilsanto

i could not belive my eyes i got up early this morning and my tank water was cloudy. i was like what the heck is going on.
then i seen it my large bubble tip crawled in to one of my powerheads threw the protective screen. i cant see how but it did. the openings are very small the slits in it you couldnt get a credit card to squeez through it. but the anemone did. i am bummed.
is this common. has this happend to anyone else.:cry:

i could not belive my eyes i got up early this morning and my tank water was cloudy. i was like what the heck is going on.
then i seen it my large bubble tip crawled in to one of my powerheads threw the protective screen. i cant see how but it did. the openings are very small the slits in it you couldnt get a credit card to squeez through it. but the anemone did. i am bummed.

Wow, through the protective screen? That's a bummer. Sounds like it had a death wish. Sorry for your loss.

been there done that twice now!!!!! lost a gbta and a rbta and none of the remains lived also I did tons of repeated water changes to clear the water for fear of poisiong the rest of the tank. everything else made it but a lot of work and a major loss along with a big scare. sorry to here about it

This is very VERY common Emilsanto! Cover any intakes with the sponge foam covers. Since the RBTA's (GBTA's as well) are an animal of mostly water... if water can get into it, so can they... as you have now discovered.

You didn't mention to us if you were able to recover your BTA???? How is it doing?

Sorry to hear the bad news. I'd suggest running some carbon as well if you aren't already. Mine got caught in the powerhead twice but I got lucky and was able to save it. I know what you mean -- cloudy water and an awful stink in the room. Fresh carbon and a water change will clear that right up within a day.

Now he's in the main tank but won't come out where I can see him! :mad: I think he is still recovering, one day I hope he pops out for a visit.

Back