OK help or my wife is gonna kill me

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

forsaken541

I have done it again, Went to fill up my 5 gal that I use for evap replacement with my ro faucet and left it on again over night. another nice sized flood again in the basement and frankly I am getting pretty good at cleaning up the mess but I really need to figure out a better system for my evep replacement. I know I need some sort of float switch but how do I get it so that it will turn off the water from the ro sytstem? I need to get this fixed soon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Erik :eek:

Check into the Kent float valve shutoff. It uses a float valve to trigger a solenoid that shuts off your RO feed.

I have a Kent valve on a 30 gallon water tank. It keeps it perfect due to a double system of a air valve and mechanical valve as a back up. I feed from this into a dosing pump, through a kalkwasser reactor and into my sump. Been set up for 3 years and has never had a flood and always keeps my tank topped off. I evap about a gallon a day. I tried to add a picture, we will see if it works.

you can see the pic here: www.nwent.com/tank/valve.jpg

Jim

Last edited:
After looking at the Kent valve, I realized mine is actually a SpectraPure. I am sure the Kent would work fine too.

Last edited:
Basically a max/min situation. One can be set to start the water flow and the other to shut it off when the ideal level is reached. With just one switch you don't have as much leway. Double switches are also a bit safer. If one fails/gets stuck, the other kicks in and saves your neck.

Cheers
Steve

I got the auto top off system from the bottom link. got the ro solenoid, the dual float valves I will keep you all posted on how it works after i get it hooked up
Erik

Back