Ok here is storm #14

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

auqua man

I can't believe that we are getting another storm!! The wind has all but destroyed Stanly Park :cry: already and the sea wall is caving in in several places and lots of old growth trees down the park is closed:cry: over 5 mill. in damage so far.
The B.C. place stadium roof has collapsed:eek: No one hurt:) this is the worst storm I can remember ever.
Tonight we are going to get the snow it has already started snowing here
5-10" by morning. At least we still have power.:)
Tomorrow the generator from work comes home;) I can't keep using batteries they don't last long enough.

We feel you down here in Wa. it is getting bad this winter, to the point that I would say it is unbelievable. I hope that the storms come to an end soon, we cant handle many more!

Matt

Indeed Its only mid january and it feels like it should be getting hot already..
these storms are making the winter drag out!!

Matt

it is getting bad this winter, to the point that I would say it is unbelievable.

Bad here? Nope.

Unbelievable winter? Yep. We havent had a single snow flake yet! :eek:

Thanks Matt :)
You guys have had it just as hard I have heard. I think we have all had enough for one season.

Well, looks like here in Ontario we are getting the average B.C. winter.

5-10" is a daily norm her in Northern Ontario. Heck this time last year in Barrie Ontario we have 4' of snow. This year we are feeling like we are living in tthe tropics. I mean I'd go swimming but Krish says it's to cold.

its acctully 25 and raining on sunday it will be 40 and we can both dive
i thought u were cumming around here

as much as i want snow to go boarding and snowmobleing, donts look like tis gonna happen

let this be a sign, ita allready starting, more and more people are gonna say something along the line of "Never seen anything like that/this"

sux.

but at least you still have power, thats a good thing

Hey, as long as the power doesnt go out, i am not complaning:) I have missed like 5 days of school already. Plus it makes great snowboarding!

let it snow, let it snow....
-augustus

ahhh i used to run the Stanley park during the summer when i lived in Van ....good memories :rolleyes: :D .
Yeah it's been bad here too and thank god where i live we haven't lost power ( knock on wood :p)

Well I don't think this will be "unusual" for long. I think these new weather patterns are here to stay due to global warming. In Chicago we haven't had a serious winter in about 15 years. Every year for 6 years in a row we have had 50+ degree days in the first week of Jan. Statistically late Feb early March have been our coldest times for the last 10 years when it used to be Jan. I'm not sure how many feet above see level most of you are in Washington, but I wouldn't want to be any less than 100ft above sea level in the next 10-15 years. I'm not saying all that will be under water but some of it probably will.

Despite this I hope no one suffers any serious damage and hopefully you guys won't be without power again. I'll have my fingers crossed for you. Happy reefing.

ahhh i used to run the Stanley park during the summer when i lived in Van ....good memories :rolleyes: :D .
Yeah it's been bad here too and thank god where i live we haven't lost power ( knock on wood :p)

I am shure we will rebuild the park better than ever, lots of money has already been raised for the rebuild effort. The storm #14 did even more dammage it looks like the park will remain closed for quite some time.:(
so far we have 22 cm of snow on the ground. On the possitive side I had the day off and my daughter and I built a 7' snowman:D

Last edited:
Here in Arizona We are having the coldest night tonight, Scheduled to be 28 degrees and Possible Rain tommorrow. I have lived here in the past and never remember this cold. Phoenix is supposed the haven from that crap, but alas here it comes.

28 degrees?...:lol: Sheesh, I was just outside and it doesn’t seem that bad yet... Must be the cloud cover. I bet it’ll be a different story tomorrow morning though.

Cool, it is Wed evening and the power is back on.:rolleyes: It was out for 26 hours this time. Fish, Coral, roses and family were all snug and happy but darn that generator is a propane hog. $$:eek: $$ oh well I guess we will spend it one way or another:p

Candy

Back