ok maybe no corals new compatabilty list???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

syddakyd

ok well besides the obvious clean up crew....(snails /hermits which i have)
how will this be in a 55g
yellow tang (ok tang police)
pair of perc. clowns
flame angel OR coral beauty (not sure which)
bristle star(which i have)
chocolate chip star
coral banded shrimp
arrow crab
feather duster
bubble tip anenome

potential problems?????????????????????

Hi,

My thoughts are... No tangs in anything less than 75 gallons, even then it seems too small. After travelling and diving, I feel even worse keeping mine in a 225g, which seems too small compared to the immense space they travel each day. This is my opinion though, not meant to be a "tang police" remark. :)

The coral banded shrimp and arrow crab are possible fish eaters. The arrow crab is more likely than the CBS, but all the same, I like to avoid them.

I'm not sure what lighting you have on the aquarium, but bubble anemones need somewhat intense lighting. As well, they need perfect water quality. I would wait until the aquarium has been setup and stable for atleast a year before adding one.

As for the chocolate chip star, just be sure to remember they need to be fed, and that they need to have stable pure water quality as well.

-Josh-:cool:

Syddakyd,

I'm not positive by your post... but are you planning on your tank being strictly a FOWLER, or are you at all planning on having any types of corals in there?

The reason for my question is due to your Chocolate Chip Starfish. Yes, they are neat animals... but however, they naturally eat most softies.

Just making sure you knew this.

yea i know im just as confused as you are lol.

i was planning on originally soft corals and other low-moderate light needing corals

but everything bothers corals

anenomes cant be kept with them, coral banded shrimp cant, arrow crab cant, dwarf angels, chocolate chip star

so i was just going to make a tank with "coral botherers" plus janitors i dont know

how would a chocolate chip star do with bubble tip anenome?

Many people successfully keep various Anemonies in their tanks with corals... so that isn't any problem.

As for the Coral Banded Shrimp... those are hit & miss from what I've read. Some never touch a coral, some do. Mine doesn't... but I'm just lucky so far is all.

Same with the Dwarf Angels. Some never harm anything... then others are terrors. Luck of the draw, I guess.

As for how a Chocolate Chip Starfish will do with your Anemone... you're probably a better judge of that than I am, since you have both in your tank.

Above all else... its YOUR tank. For it to be sucessful, YOU have to be the one that is happy! A happy Reefer (or, for that matter, Fowlr-er???) is the best thing for a tank! :)

As for how a Chocolate Chip Starfish will do with your Anemone... you're probably a better judge of that than I am, since you have both in your tank.

oh no man my tank is only a month and a half old. i was saying i wanted to get both. im not going to get anything without research thats why i make a million threads and probably annoy people but i don't want ot waste my time, money, and their lives

all i have in my tank right now is 25 astreas ,12 blue legged hermits ,brittle star ,feather duster (which i shouldn't have gotten so early but i got kents marine food for filter feeders) and bristleworms, and tons of copepods and amphipods

oh no man my tank is only a month and a half old. i was saying i wanted to get both. im not going to get anything without research thats why i make a million threads and probably annoy people but i don't want ot waste my time, money, and their lives

all i have in my tank right now is 25 astreas ,12 blue legged hermits ,brittle star ,feather duster (which i shouldn't have gotten so early but i got kents marine food for filter feeders) and bristleworms, and tons of copepods and amphipods

You're doing things in the EXACT correct order then!!! Make a list of what you like... then RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH! Ask questions along the way... until you understand any restrictions your choices may bring to you.

To me... that is trying to be a responsible "Pet Owner"... can't ask for more than that! :)

i wouldn't use filter feeder food often cause it causes algae problems for some, though that's just my opinion, usually reasonably mature tanks or even a lot of cycled tanks make enough small stuff in the water for stuff to eat, at least that's my experience

well my though and this is only IMO

you might get away with a single tang, i wouldnt do 2 clowns. just 1
scrash the angle and the C C star

the cbs i would go with a skunk or a peppermint.

the arrow crab, is a negative, if you want mine come get it. (altho he is doing great in this sump now for some time)

THe bubble?
is this tank stable? how long has it bin runing? you should reserach a lot more about what your trying to put in there, what your trying to accoplish, and what you want to see in the next years to come.

if your planing on chucking this all in at once, your looking for trouble.

Back