OK so my new tank is pretty much up. 120Gal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

alki

Here are the basics.

120 Gal 4x2x2 1/2" acrylic w rounded corners dual overflow.

I drilled for a closedloop 1ea 1-1/2" Intake 4ea 1" outputs. New dolphin ampmaster to push it.

30 gal sump
Mag 10 for overflow
2ea 250W MH
Working on getting some T5s also, I cant find t10s or I would get some of those. Anyone know where to get a kit of these?
Reefkeeper light setup that doesnt work. Kinda pissed had it all hooked up and master controller is bad so I had to undo all that hence the wires everywhere. But when it was working wayyyyyyyy nicer than other stuff and for 200 way worth it.

Uhh alot of work plumbing..Lotsa liverock. I seeded with my other tank and this setup fast. Pics coming.
ImageShack(TM) slideshow

Last edited:
It did work, how are you liking the height of the tank? Do you have to prop some corals closer to your lights? Btw nice set up!

It did work, how are you liking the height of the tank? Do you have to prop some corals closer to your lights? Btw nice set up!

Its 24" tall. Same as my last tank. I considered going 20" tall, but it looked way to short when I saw in person. I wanted extra room for sps and fish to swim.

It looks really good, you've got plenty of room to add more stuff :D I bet you're excited!

I plan on getting 4 leopard wrasses.
I have a copperband, pbrown tang (he might be leaving soon, I should of added him last)
Maybe some anthias

Yes lots and lots of room for me to spend money and time decorating.

Back