OK, this is wierd!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SB0169

Red Volitan
So, I was about to go to bed, and so I took one last look at my tank, and my Condylactis Anemone had decided to go for a midnight stroll. She detatched herself from her rock, and decided to re-attach on the intake of one of my MJ1200 powerheads. She never wanders around... Do I need to be concerned? I turned the powerhead off, but I would like her to go back to her rock. She has a pretty trong grip on the little louvers on the intake, and I don't want to do any damage to the foot by trying to remove her. Now what?!?!?

Usually when an anenome wanders it's not happy. I'm assuming since it went next to the powerhead it wants a little more flow. Just a thought. What are you feeding it?

Usually when an anenome wanders it's not happy. I'm assuming since it went next to the powerhead it wants a little more flow. Just a thought. What are you feeding it?

Feeding frozen squid, clams, or shrimp about 1-2 times per week. I cant imagine it wants more flow, I have two MJ1200's, a CPR backpack with another MJ1200, and a rena x-2 can filter pumping water around. She has alwas sat in the middle of all this. (I do thaw the little cubes before I give them to her. She's a wierd one, but loves to be hand fed.

I wondered the same thing. This is a first for me. But I was talking to a guy this afternoon when I was buying his metal halide setup, about his rose bubbletip that wanders all over his tank at night.Now mines doin it. Is it a full Moon?

anenomes are funny thing mine is looking like it wants to go walking around probly cause it hasnt got enough space its a mammoth anenome H. crispa im upgrading tanks soon so hopefully it will be a bit more comfortable
her is my full tank shot so u can see the size of the anenome
dsc00539ly2.jpg

Shot with DSC-S650 at 2008-01-09

Last edited:
Well, My STUPID condylactis anemone went for another stroll, this time the powerhead didn't spare it. I'm really bummed about this. I've been working my butt off trying to keep her healthy, and she was doing so good, especially considering how difficult this species can be. I'm shocked that the flesh could squeeze thru those tiny slits on the intake. How can I prevent something like this from happening again(BESIDES avoiding anemones)?

maybe put a finer mesh around the intake. Sometimes my anemone gets stuck on my maxijet, as long as it hasn't been shredded, just turn the maxi off and wait, the anemone will dislodge itself eventually and move on.

Back