OMG I got 3....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

matts125

Well I had Eric at shark reef order me 3 helfrichi firefish last week and what do you know I call him today and he said they will be in shortly so I make the trip up there and picked them up! so I now have a school of 3 helfrichi's in my 125 reef. I love these fish!
I am sorry but I had to tell, I am so excited about it!!!

ohh yeah they are well under $100 ea there too, not no $249 ea like the internet!!!

Eric you da man!!!!

Matt.
I will post pics later!

Well I turned my lights on this morning and with in 5 minutes all 3 of the helfrichi's were out swiming around so they seem to all be in good health, I would consider buying three fish at one time and all them making it is really pretty good...

These fish look way better in my tank then ive even seen in pictures!

Matt

Hi Matt. Lovely fishes and striking colors. Please have your tank covered...

Best,
Ilham

one of the most beutifful fish in the marine world... and you got 3?!?!?!

they are $200 over at SWC

43720C8D57244C4FB6C6147AC61A5C88K.jpg

these fish are one of the most incredible colors in the marine hobby... I'd love to have 1 or 2 or 3, but my tank is open top and for as nice as these fish are it'd have to be a closed top of some sort.

Congrats!!!

Thanks everyone, I got such a good deal on them too! that is a good pic of them too sushi! my tank has a complete hood so no carpet fish for me.
like I said I will get pictures when I get a chance.. I need to invest in a good camera my dream is to have a D50 SLR
BTW if anyone has a good camera and wants to come see these fish in person I will pay your gas to come take a few shots of them for me!!! (I live in Puyallup)

I will keep posted with updates!

Matt

these fish are one of the most incredible colors in the marine hobby... I'd love to have 1 or 2 or 3, but my tank is open top and for as nice as these fish are it'd have to be a closed top of some sort.

Congrats!!!

We had 2, one we found behind the tank and the other stuck burning on a halide bulb. Pretty tough keeping those little guys in the tank..

Don

Don, OUCH!!! I hope you didnt pay $250 for them like most do. my canopy is closed off so they can not fall out on the floor however maybe I will get some acrylic to cover the tank so that the fish can not get to the lights!

Matt

Don, OUCH!!! I hope you didnt pay $250 for them like most do. my canopy is closed off so they can not fall out on the floor however maybe I will get some acrylic to cover the tank so that the fish can not get to the lights!

Matt

$250 thats crazy. They used to be regular cheap little fish. Why did they get so expensive?

Don

I assume because of the color and they are hard to find now. saltwater city has them for I think 225 but liveaquaria is 249 and they go up from there, I am with you its crazy! I would never pay that for a small fish....

Matt

Well I had Eric at shark reef order me 3 helfrichi firefish last week and what do you know I call him today and he said they will be in shortly so I make the trip up there and picked them up! so I now have a school of 3 helfrichi's in my 125 reef. I love these fish!
I am sorry but I had to tell, I am so excited about it!!!

ohh yeah they are well under $100 ea there too, not no $249 ea like the internet!!!

Eric you da man!!!!

Matt.
I will post pics later!

Congrats Matt, now post some d%mn picts. J/K But seriuosly lets see them:lol:

okay pcitures are on the way! I just bought a nikkon D70 SLR I just have to charge the battery then I can get some pic's..

I will post by tomorrow...

Matt

Back