OMG! Look at this Lion I caught!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Just a little update dropped the lion off for research to the Department of Fisheries this morning. The guy says that they are working in connection with NOAA on that research project I posted earlier. He promised that he would notfy us when they determine whether the lion's off the Atlantic coast are genetically related to ours in the Bahamas. Guess I should hope that they are then we have a common release point.

Update...

My friend Anthony (Andrew "ethanriley's" brother) who's father owns the LFS here just came back from the Berry Islands (a chain of small islands in the Nothern Bahamas) and called me today to tell me he saw atleast 15 lion fish while diving there! :eek: They must be working their way down the chain because we are just south of the Berry's and there have been 2 reported sighting to my knowledge of lion fish here so far. When Andrew gets back from vacation, I will ask him to contact the guy he dealt with at the Department of Fisheries to find out what the "verdict" was on that lion fish I caught that was sent to N Carolina:)

i think it'd be kewl to see tons of lion fishes swimming around.
well i hope they fix the problem dood

Which one is it Gabbs??? Looks cool to see them swimming around or fix the problem???(LOL) Naw...He didn't take any pics. He's not into that kind of stuff. I never use to be either until I joined RF:)

i know why its taking me so long to get my lion fish. there all down where your at krish there looking in the wrong part of the sea noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ROFL! I only saw one here, which is the one in my first post on this thread. They aren't supposed to be in our waters, but they are I guess from hobbyist dumping them into the ocean and them working their way down.. I haven't seen anymore since that one, but everytime I go out, I do look...:)

If the statement is correct then it can be almost safely assumed that there's a breeding population of them, which is really bad.

Definately...I wouldn't doubt it at all. We are supposed to go out in the boat today so I'm gonna keep an eye out for more:)

Back