OMG!! My lost shipment of dwarf seahorses is still alive!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Beckmola24 said:
lol, I have 20/20 vision (with my contacts) and the little fry are SUPER hard to see. Talk about making you go blind while trying to watch them ;) I'll try to get out my good camera to try and get some pics of these guys. I got some beauties in this last shipment.

One plus to the seahorses, is that my husband is really interested in them, so maybe I can get him addicted too ;)

I just got a GREAT deal from my LFS for a 37g high tank and stand so I will be setting up for large horses too!!

OK, give them a week, with your 20/20 vision and a good macro shot, maybe I'll be able to pick the little buggers out! Congrats

charlie said:
OK, give them a week, with your 20/20 vision and a good macro shot, maybe I'll be able to pick the little buggers out! Congrats

A week and they should be nice sized ;) The one born in the bag is quite a lot larger than his/her brothers and sisters and "it" was only born 2 days before them. They mature in about 2-3 months time, so they must have a tremendous growth rate.

Ok the pics aren't the best in the world but here are a few of my little herd ;)
The dwarves are all about an inch of body and about a half inch or so of tail. Now keeping those dimensions in mind, aren't those fry TINY!!!??? They're cuties though :D
The one hanging upside down is huting bbs that is below her. They are real acrobats. lol
The 2 that are upright are males. The last pic has my greenish female in the upper left hand side of the pic. Can you count the fry in the last pic??

Picture345.jpg

Picture337.jpg

Picture336.jpg

Last edited:
Those are adorable!! Is there a great site on seahorses? I am thinking of turning my 36bow just for seahorses. I am starting to readon them now..so I wont be doing this anytime soon..I want lots of research done first..I have an 80 and 36...and the 36 I am thinking of doing to switch too.
Also..can you mix seahorses and pipefish?

I think it depends on the pipefish and the seahorse breed you have. Try seahorse.org... I am on their daily using their search function.

Uh Oh, I just saw one of my males do the "mating dance". ;) I already have 9 fry to raise... The mating dance is contageous.

Last edited:
OMG!! they are sooooo cute!!!I counted maybe 3 babies in the 3rd pic?? And the 2 in the 2nd pic are soo tiny!! You must be having a blast!!!

Grats!!!

Wow, Becky, you have beautiful horses!!! I am sooo excited for you!!! I am very glad that they lived, and having fry right away must be so awesome! Great pictures, too!
Keep up your equestrian duties!
Julia from Seattle

Back