One side of my close loop set-up

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Spinner

Reef
Here is one side of my close loop set-up designed using four pumps with two each half. I will be able to shut down one pump each side at night and still have flow out all outlets:)
The other side is plumbed the same except its SKY BLLLLUUUUUEEEE.............
IMG_0480_zps283a448c.jpg

IMG_0477_zps0925d66d.jpg

IMG_0476_zps660054df.jpg

IMG_0475_zpsfffbdccf.jpg

VERY CLEAN AND NICE:biggrin1:, Its nice to the professional tanks designs.

While I agree with this statement and think this is the coolest plumbing I've ever seen. I've never had a fellow reefer tell me my wiring or plumbing looked like crap as long as the display tank is thriving. I tend to think of my plumbing from a residential plumbers POV. It really isnt meant to be looked at or shown off. :biggrin1:

Keep the pics coming Spinner. Maybe you will inspire some of us to take more care when plumbing our tanks.

You know Spinner the bar is now set VERY HIGH for when you get to the inside of tank aquascaping. All eyes are upon you now Buddy... lol

Cheers, Todd

To be honest i suck when it comes to fish and corals since i built the systems but didn't aquascape them:) I am one of those hobbiest that enjoy the building part and could live without the corals and fish:)lol
This system is built just to play with thats why the 35 gate valves, and 16 ball valves...........A BIG TOY!

Top of the line as usual.
I read that the flex pipe was not to be used in a non flow application. Like when you would turn your water faucet off.
Will any of your spaflex be used in this situation?

I am not sure i know what you mean? Each pump is feed with 2" spa flex and there is a piece of 1 1/2" spa flex going from pump to manifold. With this set up even if one pump is turned off flow with still go through all close loop plumbing. Is that what you mean?

just wow! can't wait to post all my blue stained joints on my pvc. I am sooooo confused on my build right now that I can not even consider such art-form! beautifull!

Spinner, First off very nice! secondly where did you get the pvc brackets
that are mounted to the bottom holding your plumbing up? thanks

Kpiotrowski-- Step away from the computer and get back to your build!!! LOL

Back