online websites

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

What are some good website to order from? looking for cleaners and fish. astrea snails, coco worms, and stuff like that. ive looked at the aquareef and reef topia, just looking for some more options
Support your local suppliers and sponsors. If not then later on down the road you may not have that luxury:eek:

Support your local suppliers and sponsors. If not then later on down the road you may not have that luxury:eek:

I agree
If you don’t have the time or the willingness to check out the locals and sponsors your not really interested in service and quality. Just because some one said it’s the best doesn’t make it the best. I have used Wet Pets Hawaii for 2 orders, reefcleaners for 1 order, saltwaterfish for 2 orders and my local pet center for several orders. I started out using the online sponsors first thinking I was getting a better deal and moved to mostly my local pet center for what I need because nothing beats a actual person to deal with and you get to actually see the live stock before excepting them. You can not get that with any other method. Just because you may pay a bit more for the product, doesn’t getting the piece of mind of the quality mean anything when you get to choose? When you get it online you let someone else choose for you. I personally don’t like that. If you have a large order say several pieces of live stock or equipment, give the local guy a shot. If you ask they will probably give you nearly as good a price as the internet anyway but you just have to ask. I did and I didn’t pay anything near the shelf price for what I purchased from my local pet center. You can’t beat that any ware.

I used saltwaterfish.com for quite a few orders, mainly when I was in Pullman. Only once did I have a fish arrive DOA but I've had a few that have died within a couple days and even more never start eating again. The 14 day guarantee seems nice at first but go through a couple orders where it seems like you are always losing something and well I'd rather pay $60 for a flame angel at a trusted local store than $30 for one that dies two days later :(

I've also ordered from reefcleaners.org, both dry and live orders. They are great.

For fish I've just made it a rule to buy local. You support the stores (which we have a lot of nice ones), you get to see what you are buying and you are less likely to overstock or shock your tank buying too much to try and save on shipping.

Last edited:
For fish I've just made it a rule to buy local

I have to agree with this statement as I have supported local for ALL 16 fish in my tank.
With large angels, I want to SEE them in person before they go into my tank as I have a high standard of what is acceptable. :)

Couldn't agree more. I've seen it happen to the Radio Control Hobby stores locally. They started disappearing about 10 years ago because of the internet stores. Personally I like to go and meet the people and get local customer support. Don't get me wrong, internet stores may have awesome support too, it's just the ability to talk face to face with someone. That is what I like. Internet and email sometimes just doesn't come across very well. *lol*

If we don't support our local economy and local fish stores then they may someday be gone too.

Talk with some of the LFS as a few are willing to make deals to get the sale and keep customers coming back.

Last edited:
Barrier reef! Their prices may be higher but since they are so close you can ship ground and get it next day. The savings more than makes up for the higher price.

Don

another one that is decent that we have done a group by with is carribeancritters.com

Wanted to say thank you to the people who actually responded to what this thread was for. and didnt clutter it up with other garbage. thread wasnt labeled should we by local or from a website. with that said thanks again. all those sites are good and i appreciate the feedback and will look into them in the future.

for cleaners and fish I a all over the place fish really depend on what I want for my tank Les as a sponser has done me great I loved my trigger I got from him and is a model citizen in my tank. cleaners I order online for the price you can't beat it 10 Astrea for 5.50 prices can't be beat but most fish I get online are either because no one local can get them or I know someone that I can get it from for alot less then sold locally just like the koi tang being sold on anothe fourm for 2900.00 lol I got a price for a 3rd of that price and that was not a store. all fish I bought locally have been great and none died on me with out me doing only one fish died on my and thats because I was out of town and my sister did not realize i had a fish in my qt tank.

but if your going to order from a non sponser then make sure they do have a good rep in the fourms and read the reviews. but other then local vendors and friends I meet and know from other sites I get fish local and cleaner crews from several differnt sites ccritters, reefcleaners, reeftopia , liveaquaria, those are the ones I dealt with and trust with my money. nonsponser wise. and i think some of those maybe a sponser also. been awhile since i looked in the section. havn't been shopping.

Back