Operation military service member identifier

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That is awesome. Much bigger and noticeable than what the small banner would be under your name.

It would be nice if we can choose a seal from the branch we served.

That would be to tough Ryan as I would have to make new user groups for each seal you would like to have, then sort them out each time someone wanted one.

I think what you have done their by putting it in as your avatar is the way to go. I will then create one military usergroup and add all that want to be in it.

Mojo

Name: Kyle
Service: Army Guard 6 years... spent nearly half of it on Active Duty, should have just went active for 4 years in the first place.
MOS: 19k M1A1 Tank Crewman and 11b Infantry
Deployments: Operation Iraqi Freedom

Never worked for but worked along side for years, this is a great way to honor all of those who allow us the privledges we have. Without our military we wouldn't have the luxuries we take for granted

Thanks all.

:usa2:

ADAM
USNAVY
Aviation Electrician
Florida
San Diego
Whidbey Island
USS LINCOLN
USS Kitty hawk

I knew there was a reason I liked you. Aviation Electrician right here. Well that is my title, I am more of an aviation duct taper first class. But they do not have that rating so they stuck me in with the electricians.

Alright then I am going to move this thread to the suggestions/feedback forum and then I will stick it their for you folks. If anyone else is part of the military and wants this badge just shoot me a PM and it will be done.

Ryan all your to keep and eye on

Mojo

Thanks Mojo!

I feel like I'm on my way to stardom!!!

Got my first "Sticky" :D

And it took 584 posts to get there... Maybe it's not really stardom that I'm feeling... :D

Last edited:
Now that I've got the tag I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it. Is there a way to do a "Former Military Member" tag? I don't want to detract from any of the folks who are still serving. They're the folks that really deserve the respect and gratitude. I've done my time.

Mike

Nope Mcoomer not a chance. As a Civ. I draw no line of distinction between those that surrently server and those that have servered. To me you ALL need to be recognised for the sacrifice you have made for your country. PERIOD.

So I got to put a executive order on you!!

Mojo

Now that I've got the tag I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it. Is there a way to do a "Former Military Member" tag? I don't want to detract from any of the folks who are still serving. They're the folks that really deserve the respect and gratitude. I've done my time.

Mike

IMO All military personnel should be commended, past and present, former and current. Regardless.

There is no such thing as a "Former Marine" is there? Hell No. Once a Marine, Always a Marine. And I think that should apply here to All of the service men and women regardless of which branch of service they represent. All branches are equal parts of the United States Uniformed Services.

Semper Fidelis,
Alex

So what is up with only one US Marine posting here? I know there are US Marines that must be stationed on some of those mighty fine US Navy vessels in Washington. So there's got to be at least a couple of USMC on security detail for the US Navy vessels in port or even an air wing onboard.

Mike

Mike,

As already stated, you've done your time and already put your life on the line. The thanks and gratitude should not stop because you used to put your life on the line. Those of us that are out here now will soon be done, step aside, and let someone else take our place on the front line. You have done your time my friend. We appreciate you for the sacrafices you have made. Now it's our turn to sacrafice for you.

Ryan

Back