Opinions on Oddysea ballasts

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nht

Hey guys, I have a chance to buy an Oddysea dual 250watt ballast for a really good price but cant find too much info on them. Does anyone have any experience with them? It is an electronic ballast and from what Ive heard are better than magnetic. I could really use some help as I dont want to miss this opportunity. Thanks for anyone that can chime in....

I use an e-ballast, but it isn't the Oddysea, and I like it alot. I don't know much about the Oddysea, so here's a bump for you...

Shark Reef in Silverdale sell Odyssey-Ask for the owner Eric as he is the only one there that could help you-3606621313,avallon

Thank you so much for the input guys! I too have TRIED reading that thread but its too much like a novel to me....Im really looking for a short and sweet answer and I was told by a guy that used it had to switch immediately because it didnt utilize the bulb to its full potential and was too dim. Now Im looking at the Galaxy Eballasts. Any inputs on these?

Unfortunately, I don't have input on those either. When I was picking out my ballasts, I went with a brand used by a number of people. I didn't go with icecap, but I went with ARO ballasts. Over the last 3 years they've worked beautifully.

Hope this helps!

The electronic Odyssea ballasts work but not as well as others. The reason being their lower power factor rating. Your bulb on this ballast will appear a bit dimmer than on a better brand.

I, too, use ARO ballasts exclusively.

More than 3 years now, and my 250W ARO E-ballasts are still running.

Best,
Ilham

i have seen them displayed in the lfs and well it seems perfectly the same to me.

Ok. Well I found another sweet deal on an electronic but its called Coralvue. Now, Id hate to bother you guys with this but, does anyone know how good these are? If you guys say that its a winner, then I just might buy them.....

this is a really nice company all i know is that their lights are really nice.

I know they are a prestigious company but I just wonder how efficient are their ballasts? Are they up there with Galaxy ballasts that claim to be 99% efficient?

Back