orange crush !!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

plack

Sea Otter
Heres my attempt to capture my new lps coral.
The color looks better in person but I cant seem to get it any better ? any suggestions ?

P1000938Medium.jpg

P1000966Medium.jpg

P1000981Medium.jpg

P1000965Medium.jpg

Last edited:
That's an awesome looking Coral, Paul. :) What a great find.

Thanks for sharing pics with us.

that looks like an awesome coral, what sort of camera are u using, if you can adjust white balance i'll give you some of my experience on that, some quick tips if you aren't already shoot perpendicular to the glass thought it looks like u already are, white balance seems to be the biggest difference in that picture, and don't be afraid to use an editing program, as i was told, our cameras aren't made to get the colors from our tank so some editing needs to be done, but they're still great pictures

Thanks ,
It's a panasonic DMC LZ3 I also have Picture it express 10 ( not used on this yet) . I will try fiddling with the white balance before I take the pictures. I usually don't use flash because of the white spots but in acitinic nothin else seems to give the right color ? I will try the white balance and the picture it express later :)
Paul

do u have a custom setting? where u can target some place and set it from there, if not i found either cloudy or shade looks best from my lights (14k hamilton) also your picture looks over exposed, so u can fix that pretty easy with a faster shutter or smaller aperature (the larger f/numbers) and ya i agree with you flash makes the corals look different cause the color temp of the flash is different then our lights.... someone should invent one that does a 14k flash... that'd be cool then ur lights wouldn't even have to be on to get the same color... sorry for the rant

i took your first picture and edited it some, mostly taking out many layers of blue, given this might not look how yours really does as i've never seen it but here it is
EditedPlackPicture.jpg

Back