Ora'S new clown fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The domino variety looks fairly nice. Definitely nicer than the platinum, snowflake and picasso varieties, which I've always found to be hideous compared to the natural percula and ocellaris clowns.

I still do not understand why we feel that ORA thinks that we all need designer fish. I'm sure they will be higher priced than say a black clownfish.

Just my opinion, Sorry.
Alex

spllbnd2 - Probably because collecting from the wild has become a thing of the past for reef keepers who care about natural reef communities, and aquacultured species can take the path orchids have with breeding varieties - a very exciting new direction for us all.

spllbnd2 - Probably because collecting from the wild has become a thing of the past for reef keepers who care about natural reef communities, and aquacultured species can take the path orchids have with breeding varieties - a very exciting new direction for us all.

Not saying that they're wrong in breeding them. Just wrong in breeding so many designer variety fish so to make an extra $$$ from the reef keepers. Are those Picasso clowns really worth in upwards of $500 for a pair? No. Do we see these fish in our natural oceans? No. At least not the color mrphs that ORA comes up with. They're breed specifically for the color morphs.

I am curious how many people know what happens to those cute little fish that don't look correct in color. They get killed and tossed out like yeterdays newspaper. Why would someone want a picasso clown that doesn't have the correct markings? Things that make people go hmmm...

Cheers,
Alex

All the new clowns that are coming out look pretty damn ugly to me.
What's next? Two-headed clowns?

No way... I think they're going straight for the clown-horse morph.

Here is a little hint...

Clownfish and Seahorse... :eek: Hmmmm. Yeah right. :D

Last edited:

FYI... There are still a lot of WC fish and corals out there. Next time you go to your LFS look at the markings on the tanks, WC versus CB. Also Dr F&S sell both even to this day. Just a little FYI.

WC = Wild Caught
CB = Captive Breed

Not saying that they're wrong in breeding them. Just wrong in breeding so many designer variety fish so to make an extra $$$ from the reef keepers. Are those Picasso clowns really worth in upwards of $500 for a pair? No. Do we see these fish in our natural oceans? No. At least not the color mrphs that ORA comes up with. They're breed specifically for the color morphs.

Cheers,
Alex

Making a great point.

I love the new midnight clowns and every other one .

I did hear of somebody killing clown t.r. clown babies because nobody wanted to buy them , here is a trick GIVE THEM AWAY!

I have grade B pic's that at kickin cheap , and maybe grade C perc's that are normal t.r. clown prices. The second and third rate clowns sell very well, misbars also.

ARSA

Value is in the eye of the beholder just like beauty. For some there is no price too high, now some of us on a budget have to stop somewhere, or rely on the kind heart who gives away for free to a good home :eek:) Pets are pets wether it be dog/cat horse or fish. If your in love you'll dish it out. I know I would and have. We stop just short of letting family starve.
There are morphs found in the wild. ORA has a page that talks about the breeding they do.

If you get a chance check it out. Pretty informative.

http://www.orafarm.com/exclusives.html

I always said that didn't care about any of the morphs until they come out with a naked black clown, and it's here. I'm sure the price tag will kill any future of ever having one though.

I'm not too sure about that. The orange naked clowns aren't that expensive, I don't see why the black naked clowns would be much more.
I always said that didn't care about any of the morphs until they come out with a naked black clown, and it's here. I'm sure the price tag will kill any future of ever having one though.

Eric already got us for the Picassos, and I'm glad he did! No buyers remorse here :eek:) We'll have to come in and take a look though, I bet they are beautiful.
Nano24 do you work for Eric?

Eric already got us for the Picassos, and I'm glad he did! No buyers remorse here :eek:) We'll have to come in and take a look though, I bet they are beautiful.
Nano24 do you work for Eric?
No, just frequently there. I've got alot of tanks going so I see him every couple days. lol

Back