• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ordering a tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dmo

Hey there,

I'm coming in to order an acrylic tank this Saturday (Seriously, I really mean it this time). The 90g 36"x24"x24".

Are holes for bulkheads going to be drilled during construction, or will that be up to me later on? I haven't even decided on my plumbing setup yet, so any suggestions will be appreciated. I'm assuming that the bulkheads will go through the bottom of the OFB, how many holes can go into that space on a 36" tank and still be sturdy?

Is there anything else I should think about before I come in to place the order? To be honest I'm a little nervous, I don't want to make a bad decision so early in the upgrade. :D

Hi Daniel,

When you come in on saturday talk to Tim. Tell him what kind of reef you want to keep. Tell him about you equipment preferences and ask for suggestions. You might start considering wether or not you will use powerheads or a small closed loop for extra circulation. Based on how you two decide to configure things you can determine hole placement from there. We can drill the holes for you after construction. just come up with a plan when you talk to Tim so that we get the box the right size for holes and drain capacity. I will be away from the forum until monday so talking to Tim saturday will be your best bet. I'll let him know you are going to be in.

Thank you tigerarmy40, your thread was very informative. Your tank and stand look great!

Tim and Mark (I think it was Mark, I didn't catch the name) Thanks for putting up with all of my incoherent questions and babbling. You guys went the extra mile for me, I appreciate it.

Cy, I'm sorry my order generated those calls while you were out of town. I guess it goes to show that as an owner of BRA, you are never really off work. :D

Thank you tigerarmy40, your thread was very informative. Your tank and stand look great!

no problem, I know I had a hrad time deciding what to do with mine! so tell us what you did with yours? how did you order it? anything different about it?

Back