Ordering from Jeff's Exotic Fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tike

Hey i am thinking of making a fish order with these guys in about 2-3 weeks. I was just wondering if there is anyone in the tacoma area that would like to piggyback and split the shipping cost...........let me know!

tike666 :D

Just want to chime in here with my experience. I ordered liverock from them once and livestock once.

I got my adult mated pair of gold band premnas from them for $50 3-4 years ago, and they're the best fish i've ever bought :)

I'm sure your order will go well. I would call them and order, instead of doing the online email.

- Elmo

I made a trip to see them while in Cali one time - lookign for clams and other stuff to get. The fish are kept in seperate holding tanks/containers all tide together. Some of the fish were dying or dead and other fish in the same "cell" were eating them. Some in good shape some in bad shape.

just my .02

For me I order my stuff from www.vividaquariums.com He is a sponsor on this website, and has always given me the best quality fish and corals. If you can get a order over 175 shipping is free. And Dave is a really nice guy. Here are some pics of the kind of fish he sends me. They do cost just a little more, but they are just a whole lot better hand picked fish. Also this is where I get my live rock as well. And he has a 15 day arrive alive/stay alive warrenty. Cant beat that. For me it pays to buy from him. Just wanted to share. Steve

Last edited:
I was looking for specific clowns and Jeff's had them on sale recently so I ordered a number of things. THe clowns are great (black percs) but I believe they sent me the wrong toadstool and my shrimp was dead. I've contacted them twice and no response. I did look at vivid but I he didnt have on hand what I was after. The free shipping is a plus though if he does.

I liked Vivid also, great customer service! But only wish they have more things to choose from :( Also wish the show more actual corals so i can see what I want.

Last edited:
Ive been to jeffs warehouse in CA and they have a nice setup. great place for begginer coral and good prices on fish. their fish were as good as any other place. I did get rock from them but I would suggest to buy uncured because I picked out of a box they had just received and It was super nice. Try to get them to reship an unopened box because It wont be as heavy and It will have a ton Of life but will need to cure for weeks. tons of dead life such as urchins and so on.

On the Vivid not having what you want thing, He is at the wholesalers twice a week. If you tell him what you want he will find and get it for you. Some stuff does take a while to find a quality speciman, not just the first one that comes in. He passed up lots of big emperors for a clients tank untill he found a extra fat and healthy one. I was really impressed that he did that for me, before he charged me for it. He got me a colt coral that was the size of my head, for the same price as one smaller than my hand at the LFS. If you havent tried him, give the man a shot. He will earn your trust. Right now hes getting me planaria eating nudibranches. Steve

Jiddy...... I have only ordered clean up crew stuff from him. Very satisfied with what I get. I cannot vouch for corals or fish just because i have never ordered them from him.

Back