oregon reef new look

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tamarindthai

visiting oregon reef (steve weast )today ,,this is the beginning of the new look warm tank and cold tank,,it is amazing,,enjoy it
DSCN4475.jpg

DSCN4468.jpg

DSCN4459.jpg

DSCN4458.jpg

DSCN4462.jpg

AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHY DANG!
And hey where did ya learn to shoot like that? Did Blazer have anything to do with it? sheesh you have your own style which I like very much. Thank you for the pictures.

AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHY DANG!
And hey where did ya learn to shoot like that? Did Blazer have anything to do with it? sheesh you have your own style which I like very much. Thank you for the pictures.
it took me afew shot to get this one:),,
you should see 4-6000 gph pumps from pushing the water through 1 1/2" pipe it's amazing water movement in his tank,,chime in please Steve,,, help me out if i mistaked answer or give out the wrong info:D:D

lol just a few shots... those both are amazing tanks, that's a really nice cold water tank, i usually don't like those as much but that one is really good looking

Which of these photos are from the cold water tank? The two at the top are the same tank and I assume that's the warm water one.

Which of these photos are from the cold water tank? The two at the top are the same tank and I assume that's the warm water one.

The top two are from his reef tank. The next picture with the white barred boxfish is his coldwater reef. More info on his equipment and set-up can be found here. www.oregonreef.com

Thanks again to Jonathan, Sherman, and Dang for the nice visit. I always enjoy talking to you guys.

Dang.....the photos that you took aren't too bad.... (maybe a little on the pink side though)..... especially considering that I had only half the lights turned on, all the pumps going full bore, and way too much ambient light pollution for proper photo-shooting.

Here are a few pics of my cold system that I took a few months ago under more optimum conditions (no outside light bleed, tripod, clean glass, fed corals, etc.) for those interested. I don't have any updated pics of the warm system though....it just doesn't "rate" that yet....Dang's pics will have to suffice for now on that one.

bornatebox.jpg

bmiddle2.jpg

bluestar.jpg

bluestarcloseup.jpg

closeupcorny.jpg

shawbox2.jpg

rigtgorgs.jpg

bleftside.jpg

bmiddle.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

Its nice to hear that you are fully back up and running. May I ask what lighting are you using now on your warm reef tank? As usual amazing tank. Dang, next time you go down let me know, I want to come. Simply amazing.

On my warm tank, I'm currently using 14 coralvue 400 watt 20k on HQI ballasts.

The RBTA's are confined to rear right corner of the tank. The pics don't show it well...but that rear section rockwork is an island....the RBTA's won't cross the sand.....they stay pretty much confined to their area. Occassionally one goes AWOL....but....I promptly send him back to his colony.

Steve,

Someone here in St. Louis got a free Trout tank with integrated chiller. I actually had no idea something like this existed. They mentioned that they didn't know what to do with it. Then I showed them your coldwater reef thread. Let's just say that they were intrigued to say the least.

I'm glad your reef is running well. However I disagree with you. It's absolutely gorgeous to me already and should be photographed much more as is.

Keep on Keepin' On

Curtswearing/Mantisfreak

Thanks for coming over here to post, Steve. Very nice to see you here..

And I agree with Curt; I think your warm tank is stunning. (Of course the coldwater tank is awesome as well.) I wish I could see them in person some time!

Nothing to be sorry about Dang. I think you did a great job under adverse conditions. Aquarium photography is sooooo difficult and frustrating.

Back