OT: Does anyone know of a CD with a good interest rate?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

thekingfish

Thought I would ask here as there is a pretty diverse group of people, hoping there is a financial person here somewhere.
Does anyone know of a 6 or 12 month CD with a good interest rate, but with the ability of drawing from the CD without penalty?
The best I could find is 4.3%.
Thanks

Drawing from the CD before it matures? I don't think you're going to have much luck with that, that's not usually how they work.

I was trying to figure this out recently as well and ended up getting an ING Direct savings account at 4.25% instead of doing the CD ladder thing, just so I could stay fully liquid.

-Dylan

I also have an ING money market account @ 4.25% so I can stay liquid. But ING also has 12 month CD's at 5.25%. But as with all CD's, you're not liquid.

Have you considered mutual funds? At the moment my fund is turning over at around 9%. Its not instantly liquidable, but you can get money out of it within a week by selling shares, with end-of-year tax of course.

I work for key bank and my area manager probably doesn't like me much lately because we have been matching about any rate of CD lately. (our branch has opened a ton) I would think around the 5% area for six months and 5.25 and up for 12 months. It all depends on the bank. PM me if you have questions.

I had worked for Bank of America for ~5 years and they've had some good rates while I was with them. As with most banks, etc, they will be tier based, so the more you have in a cd to begin with, the higher the interest rate. This of course, will differ from institution to institution.

Some will have promotions where you can open one without any fees when you take some out before it is mature.

Best,
Ilham

Back