OT - New guitar day

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Blazer88

I've had the parts to this guitar sitting around for well over two years now and I finally got around to finishing it up over christmas time. I have another one that should be done this week as well that is going to be sweet. Bonus points to anyone who knows what this guitar is a replica of and who plays it :D

IMG_3240-Edit.jpg

IMG_3246-Edit.jpg

IMG_3236-Edit.jpg

IMG_3218-Edit.jpg

IMG_3206-Edit.jpg

looks cool 22 frets,how long you have them,ever plug it in what the sound like.love to check it out.,,i stil have single stack marshall tube superlead 100w:)

Last edited:
These guitars sound great, I love the thick tone from a mahogany guitar. I'm picking up my other one today that is just like this one but it has a transparent black finish over a flamed maple top. I currently play through a Crate (solid-state amp) half-stack but my Peavey XXX 120W all-tube high gain amp shows up tomorrow. That's going to scream through my 4-12" Celestions :D What gear do you have and what kind of music do you play?

i used to be in the rock band lead player,hard rock, phyco music for living for many years,still play once awhile for party,but mellow it dowm to blue/jazz and contemp ,still make some noise some time,
i still have 2 lespaul gold top 6 digit serial # and blacktop7 digit # both deluxe that i had since i had my own band in thailand 40years ago and 1/2 stack Marshall(used tobe full stack),,so let jam some time Plack (paul)is in the rock band too said used to play bass:)

Last edited:
I will guess ace freely of kiss?

What I do know is I have a base with that same brand of pickups in at a 5 string and it sounds great :)
I wonder how much of the sound you like from it is actually from those pickups and not really from the wood itself !
I used to play 80's music with many different bands in hollywood and recorded an LP once in some nice studio's.

:)

Paul

Last edited:
I couldn't play more than a note to save my life.... but can appreciate how stunningly beautiful that is! Congrats, and enjoy :)

what pickups do you use. are they emg 81/85 I have been thinking about getting some of those. ARe you buying your parts from warmoth to build your guitar as well?

what pickups do you use. are they emg 81/85 I have been thinking about getting some of those. ARe you buying your parts from warmoth to build your guitar as well?

This guitar has EMG 81/60 in it and the other black Explorer that I just finished up has 81/85. I'll post pictures of the black on in just a little bit. All of my electrics have either EMG 81/85 or 81/60 pickups in them, I just love the high output from them. Warmoth makes some great stuff but they unfortunately don't build an explorer body that matches what ESP got sued for, which makes sense. I can't stand their "Explorer" design which is why I had these bodies built using an ESP Explorer for the template.

I am a leftie and I want an ESP MH 1000 So I did their custom quote thingy thinking ok maybe 2500-3000 NOT EVEN close they wanted to charge me 6600 to build one when the right handed is 949. How lame is that.

Back