OT: Some shots from Belize

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Blazer88

I got back a few days ago and got around to processing some of the pictures. We mostly stayed on Ambergris Caye but ventured to Caye Caulker and some Mayan ruins. Here are some of the highlights:

1) Beach shot
IMG_2790-Edit.jpg

2) Sunset over the back of the island (this is getting printed to be hung in my house)
IMG_3104-Edit.jpg

3) Our favorite swimming dock
IMG_3023-Edit.jpg

4) Different view from above
IMG_3024-Edit.jpg

5) Our friend had a bit of alcohol and decided to start doing back flips from the dock
IMG_3029-Edit.jpg

6) I loved the color of the water
IMG_3047-Edit.jpg

7) Jaguar Temple at Lamani
IMG_2972-Edit.jpg

8) High temple at Lamani
IMG_2945-Edit.jpg

9) Town shot
IMG_2796-Edit.jpg

10) View from friends deck
IMG_2795-Edit.jpg

And some wildlife that we met while on the trip

11) Hand feeding some spider monkeys
IMG_2883-Edit.jpg

12) This one jumped into the boat
IMG_2886-Edit.jpg

13) Found this guy on the river bank
IMG_2893-Edit.jpg

14) And some snorkel shots
IMG_8823-Edit.jpg

15)
IMG_8893-Edit.jpg

16) Stingrays were everywhere I looked, it was crazy how many there were.
IMG_8913-Edit.jpg

More shots located on my smugmug account:
http://parchen.smugmug.com/gallery/8658073_TToUQ

fantastic photos, reminded me of when my wife and I were there a few years back, would love to return. I remember they had tons of blue legged hermits all over the beach and the nurse sharks and rays were everywhere.

Rod, that question is probably a bit personal...lol. Blazer, I am amazed at your photos, once again!! What camera did you use for the snorkel shots? Beautiful!!

Sid with all due respect (and I love reading your comments) but sometimes this whole site seems like a pissing contest. I don't think that question was out of line. After all he was sharing his highlights. I'd rather ask a peer than a travel agent. Traveling to belize is not like Rome or Paris. For the average traveler it doesn't seem like a self guided tour. I'd be curious as to your planning strategy as well.
:)

No worries on asking about the cost of the trip. Belize can be super cheap or pretty expensive, it all depends on your taste. Our ocean-front condo was about $90 a night and it was a really nice place. Fully stocked kitchen, AC, and huge living room. Would could have gotten by cheaper if we wanted to. There are also places that run $5-$10 a night as well, it all depends on what you want. Food was also cheap as well, if you like chicken, fish, beans, and rice. If you stick to local food/alcohol, you can get by super cheap. I had this amazing shrimp burrito in Caye Caulker and it was $3 and mixed drinks w/local rum were $2. Or you can stick to an American cuisine/drinks and pay for it. Anything imported has a huge tax added so it's best to stick to local stuff. Also, May-June is the beginning of the slow season so cash goes a long way in terms of bartering. Our snorkel trip (a solid six hours) was $40 and there was only three of us on the boat. We even bartered a lower price for the water taxi to Caye Caulker. I went to Caye Caulker with $30US and that was plenty for drinks all night and dinner. I think it's best to NOT make any reservations and just barter once you get there. When I go back, I'll spend more time on Caye Caulker as that was more laid back and cheaper than Ambergris Caye.

Sid, I bought a Canon G9 and a Canon underwater case for the trip. I only used it for the snorkeling since I had my 50D with me but it was a fun little setup.

Awesome shots....so jealous. I want to dive there so bad. May have to look into a trip there sometime in the future.

I'm jealous and I just made the pic of the sunset my desk top. As always your pics are amazing! Jhampton WSU I totally agree with your comments.

I'm jealous and I just made the pic of the sunset my desk top. As always your pics are amazing! Jhampton WSU I totally agree with your comments.

I'm thrilled to hear that one made your desktop. Let me know if you want a higher resolution shot since these are only 900px wide, they look much better at a higher res.

I'm thrilled to hear that one made your desktop. Let me know if you want a higher resolution shot since these are only 900px wide, they look much better at a higher res.

Well if I can make more than one my desk top I would they are all great pics! I love the shots of the croc and sea turtle too! If yo can make it high res that would be great!

My Fiance's parents was at Belize last year for a fishing trip. I heard there is some huge peacock bass there. I would love to fight one of those guys! Looks like I will have to put Belize on my list of travel destinations!

I have been to Belize and it is one of the most beautiful places I have been to. Actually, that fishing dock looks very fimiliar

Back