Other Hobbies???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yeah party poker is ok but sometimes i dont' knwo what in the world people are thinking .... may be to many drinks or something.
i've heard that poker stars is a good site i just haven't tried it yet :D, I'm still sore for letting my mother in law play with my poker account and loosing over 300 dollars in one day.... oh well at least now she's addicted to the game :p .

My tank has to take a back seat to my other hobbies. I know, I know, some people just would never understand but my #1 hobby is mountain biking and mountaineering. I race mountain bikes in the summer and climb mountains year round. I have attached a few pics of what I really love. The first is a picture I took of Mount Borah the day before we climbed it,(the peak on the left) which is the highest mountain in Idaho. #2 is a picture of me racing downhill at Schweitzer Mountain, Idaho. #3 is of me summiting Mount Baal in the Seven Devils mountains of Idaho. #4 was taken by my wife near Moab, S. Utah.

Tim

ohh dood it sounds kind of fun, and i'm sure it takes a lot of exersice to do that, but i'll just keep riding my bike in the park :p:D.

Aquatic Guru said:
I was just curious what other expensive hobbies is everyone into or used to do?

Sheesh...I think all my hobbies are expensive...:lol: I like to jetski, hunt, fish, scuba dive and tinker with my car...here's a pic of my current money pit (other than the tank...:lol: )

MikeS said:
Sheesh...I think all my hobbies are expensive

I think that money pit is probably bigger than your tank unless you have a huge tank....................

I guess when you look at most of our reef tanks compared to our other hobbies it really isn't that expensive (I wonder if I can use that to justify to my wife that I need to spend more on it.) (Yes dear but it still isn't as much as my new bike.........):lol:

Tim

Scooterman said:
Dude my best friend just got a 02 a few weeks ago, man it cruses!

Yeah, they move pretty good...fun cars!:D My girlfriend has a '99 WS6....very fast!:D

In order of importance, in all my spare time
Taking care of stuff in a glass boxes.
Off-road racing (motor cycle, a lot of broken stuff including bike parts).
Spending money on stuff to put in a glass boxes.
Musician, Piano and guitar /home studio (I sing like a cat with its tail being stepped on by a heavy woman with high heels.).
Wasting time playing with stuff for the glass boxes.
Making anything I drive go faster than it should.
Cleaning the glass boxes.
Sliding down a snow covered hills with sticks attached to my feet.
Buying more glass boxes.
Taking pictures of stuff in my glass boxes.
Talking about my glass boxes.

MikeS.... dood now you made me drool and big time!!!!
that girlfriend of yours is a lucky girl for traveling around in that awesome car :)!!!
Seriously that car is just to beautiful !! i can't stop drooling ... darn it !!!:)

Old accoustic guitars in prime original condition. My $4500 1954 Gibson SJ is nothing compared to a 1930's or 40's Martin D-45 which would sell for $200,000 if in prime condition. If you play though, these old guitars are even cooler than a 12'' Oregon Tort. I'm talking hobbie heaven.

Oh yeah, I forgot about SCUBA diving.
Most of my dives were in New York. I have a boat so it is relitively cheap. But since I don't own a jumbo jet (not yet anyway) I have to pay like anyone else to go to someplace better than NY to dive.
Here is my wife in Bora Bora.

spongebob lover said:
MikeS.... dood now you made me drool and big time!!!!
that girlfriend of yours is a lucky girl for traveling around in that awesome car :)!!!
Seriously that car is just to beautiful !! i can't stop drooling ... darn it !!!:)

Thanks Gabby:D They are both pretty fun to drive, the performance is about the same between the two, but I'd say I like driving hers a bit more because of the T-tops and the six speed transmission...definately a fun toy when the weather is nice:D

MikeS

wrightme43 said:
I play me some disc golf, love to go fishing, and cook.

Wow thats awsome Steve, I didn't know you played disc golf. I really enjoy playing also.

In addition I like to water ski, fish, hike, play video game (in winter), scuba dive (really cool wrecks off Milwaukee/Sheboygan).
Thats about it

Brian

Thanks Gabby They are both pretty fun to drive, the performance is about the same between the two, but I'd say I like driving hers a bit more because of the T-tops and the six speed transmission...definately a fun toy when the weather is nice

ohh yeah i bet is fun :D now just don't forget your speed limits :p(don't forget the sun glasses to make you look even kewler :D) like i said you have me drooling with my jaw all the way to the floor dood :D.

Wow thats awsome Steve, I didn't know you played disc golf. I really enjoy playing also.

In addition I like to water ski, fish, hike, play video game (in winter), scuba dive (really cool wrecks off Milwaukee/Sheboygan).
Thats about it

dood you forgot one hobby :D ... the new baby... remember.

spongebob lover said:
dood you forgot one hobby :D ... the new baby... remember.

Oh yeah the new baby and the other two monsters. lol Thanks Gabby

Brian

Mike...I think your girlfriends WS6 may give you a run for your money(LOL) My cousin in Orlando sold his WS6 last year, but he had the guys from Lingenfelter Performance Turbo it! He ran an 11 second 1/4 mile on street tires!

Spongebob, She's Ok when we dive with sharks I give her a bag of dead bloody fish and I tell her to scare away the sharks with it. Sharks hate dead bloody fish. :badgrin:

Back