Our 120

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Allenfamily

fish eaters
Our camera is not great but you can get the idea. We have tried to take some pictures of the sps that we have but it's too blurry.

Thanks Joe, We're glad to hear that the reactor is working well. Hope you and your family are doing well.

Last edited:
OK, soi'm bored, and I finally got a decent pic of our blue gomezi. I wish I could get a focused shot of the pearlberry. Maybe we'll get a better camera someday.....'til then -

Thanks tatz. I'm sure we are going to frag those zoos eventually. When we do you'll be the first one we let know.

a few new corals.....

Attachments

• lunar eclipse.jpg
    lunar eclipse.jpg
    67.5 KB
if anyody knows what he chalices are we would love to know, the second one is supposed to be a watermelon

Attachments

• Blues.jpg
    Blues.jpg
    35.2 KB
Thank mschrissy, we'll get a good FTS soon.(as soon as we do some cleaning)
Sarang that is the sunset we got from you and we are very happy with the growth. The chalices both came from jnarowe, he thought the second one was a watermelon but wasn't sure on the first one.

Great pics Jeff and Christie! These guys have an awesome tank, saw it in person. I still haven't forgotten that frag of reverse purple hornets or green hornets or purple hornets next generation whatever they're called I'm going to hook you guys up with. They are growing slowly for me from some reason. Will keep you posted.

Thank mschrissy, we'll get a good FTS soon.(as soon as we do some cleaning)
Sarang that is the sunset we got from you and we are very happy with the growth. The chalices both came from jnarowe, he thought the second one was a watermelon but wasn't sure on the first one.

Nice! Once the Sunset gets a foot hold on whatever it is attached too it will take off like no ones business. Very fast grower. At leat for me :D.
The water melon chalice is nice if you ever decide to frag that I would love a a piece!

Yeah, they look good guys. The camera thing is a lot more talent and experience than you would think. Learning on a "crappy" camera could very well make you a better photographer down the road when you get a good one.

There is a lot written about taking tank pics but you can start with the basics:

1. Set white balance manually using a piece of white PVC in the tank under your lamps;

2. Turn off pumps;

3. Use a tripod or look-down box;

4. Clean the glass the day before;

5. Take 50 - 100 pics and weed them out. :)

I am glad the chalices are looking good. Interesting that the one is still cup-shaped. The ragged one has better color already, so I think you are going in the right direction. That one was a bugger for me. I could never make it happy.

Yeah, they look good guys. The camera thing is a lot more talent and experience than you would think. Learning on a "crappy" camera could very well make you a better photographer down the road when you get a good one.

There is a lot written about taking tank pics but you can start with the basics:

1. Set white balance manually using a piece of white PVC in the tank under your lamps;

2. Turn off pumps;

3. Use a tripod or look-down box;

4. Clean the glass the day before;

5. Take 50 - 100 pics and weed them out. :)

I am glad the chalices are looking good. Interesting that the one is still cup-shaped. The ragged one has better color already, so I think you are going in the right direction. That one was a bugger for me. I could never make it happy.

Thanks Jonathan, we better learn to be a better photographer because with this reeftank thing I'm not sure we'll ever buy a better camera. However every once in a great while we get a good one. The last one, Though not a good picture, is my birthday present from the kids, BR called it " Ziggy Stardust", we call it Dave.

Last edited:
Back