Our Acan Collection

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Palancar

Here are some pictures of most of our collection of Aussie Acans and a few Indo Acans. That we are now keeping in our Acan tank in our greenhouse. I have a larger tank to house them in the building stages right now. We started collecting Aussie Acans about 6 months after Hurricane Rita wiped out most of our corals and haven’t looked back since. I will update the FTS once the sun will let me get a good picture.

DSC_0665.jpg

DSC_0622.jpg

DSC_0623.jpg

DSC_0625.jpg

DSC_0626.jpg

DSC_0627.jpg

DSC_0597.jpg

DSC_0599.jpg

Part 4 of our Collection.

DSC_0582.jpg

DSC_0583.jpg

DSC_0584.jpg

DSC_0586.jpg

DSC_0587.jpg

DSC_0675a.jpg

DSC_0794.jpg

DSC_0795.jpg

This is all I have good pictures of right now. I need to set up our photo tank and finish taking pictures of our other colonies. I would like to do some trading for colors I do not have.

Thanks for the comments and yes there is alot of colors out there that we don't have. We are always looking. I know there a lot of people don't visit the dark side and maybe seeing this thread will be that little push for then to post their own collection for us to see and enjoy.

Here is my collection of one :) :
Acan.jpg

I am pretty proud of it. I grew this guy from a small frag.

Can you tell a little more about your greenhouse? Do you have any pictures?

Here is my collection of one :) :
Acan.jpg

I am pretty proud of it. I grew this guy from a small frag.

Can you tell a little more about your greenhouse? Do you have any pictures?

That is a real nice acan, nice coloration. How long have you had it and what do you feed it? As for the pictures of the greenhouse that will be another thread in the near future.

I am new to the saltwater hobbie. This is my acan colony. Looking for more if anyone has any for sale.

Last edited:
Yeah so I think that I heard, I could be wrong but I think the colony in the third photo was saying they wanted to come home with me. If you could just package them up and send them home that would be great.

Yeah so I think that I heard, I could be wrong but I think the colony in the third photo was saying they wanted to come home with me. If you could just package them up and send them home that would be great.

Don't worry I put gags on all of them so they won't shout out to anyone without me knowing about it. :D:D When I get some more frags cut we can talk if you want.

Here is an updated TDS of part of our current acan tank. I will be leak testing our new acan tank in the next couple of days, then plumbing it into our system.
These are some of our latest acquisitions from Aquatic Auctions. Sorry for the glare.

DSC_0806L.jpg

Thanks, we were amazed at how much we put in a tank that size. In fact when the 3 storms popped up at the same time my wife said we need to get another generator just for the greenhouse. All I can say is we love our acans, and as with any other aspect of this hobby it is expensive.

Back