Our Acan Collection

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

If the conditions are right and they are well fed. You will have some new nice sized polyps in a month, now I have noticed that some do grow slower than others.

They are getting along fine. We put both in the tank at the same time. The only problem we had was the Flameback showing his tail and trying to boss the Purple Firefish around but I noticed the Multicolor set him in his place quick and all is well. My wife makes sure they are well fed so we have not had any problems with them nipping the corals.

Ok cool, thanks. I'd like to get a pygmy angel or two for a new tank we might be setting up in the summer, which coincidentally is the exact dimensions as yours. I just wasn't sure how they would behave towards each other. I read somewhere that one would have to be male and the other female.

Now if you plan on putting two of the same species then they would definitely have to be male and female in my opinion. With these two there is a size, color and species difference. In our vat we have an adult Atlantic Pygmy and an adult Lemonpeel with no problems.

Here are a few more shots of the Acan Tank including a FTS. Sorry it took so long.
DSCN0093.jpg

DSCN0094.jpg

DSCN0098.jpg

I did some rearranging to move the front rack out of the way to get a good picture. Thanks for the comments and looking. Foods of choice are mysis shrimp and the LiquidLife food line.

absolutely gorgeous!

Back