Our tank - 5 Months (big images?)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

esears

Ok, hopefully this works well. Here are some pictures of our tank and hopefully they resized right :)

*edit* Ok, managed to resize the pictures down to a much more manageable and viewable size :)

bangai_small.JPG

bangai2_small.JPG

candycane_small.JPG

Last edited:
Our setup is as follows and we really like it so far:

80g (maybe 75, who knows) glass tank
20g IAP sump
Corallife 65 skimmer - Its rated small but it seems to do great and we've never had any problem with anything yet. Trying to keep the bioload somewhat small.

Oydessa main fixture - 260w total with two 10k and 2 acytnic bulbs in it. Also has some moonlight LED ligts

a 96w 48" corallife fixture on the front to add some more light until we can get another Oydessa fixture

The return is messily hard-plumbed with some pvc piping back up into the tank and it runs back to the sump through an overflow box on the box. It works pretty well now and we just hve to regulate the flow a bit.

We have the following in the tank:

1 colony pumping hand xenia
1 colony pompom xenia?
2 green torches that I fragged
1 anemone, no not sure of the type. He hasn't found a spot he REALLY likes yet
1 large group of random polyps and zoanthids
1 small group of orange zoas
1 group of fire and ice zoas
1 group of mint zoas
1 small shell of yellow polyps
Some spreading green star polyps
Frogspawn
A candycane coral with an attached Kenya Tree?

Fishwise:

2 False Oscellaris (no I can't spell) black clowns
1 Lawnmower bleny
1 Red rockskipper
1 Pajama Cardinal
1 Bangai Cardinal
1 Cleaner shrimp
1 5" Sally lightfoot crab (Biggest one we've seen yet)
5" Sand-sifting star
Too many hermits to count
1 Six-line wrasse

:) thanks guys!! (esears's wife here :) ) We really are liking this hobby..even with the ups and downs :p Like homemade plumbing..eesh! We'll update as the tank changes so cool to watch it progress..things that grow from nothing!! So amazing..glad to have found this plethora of knowledge you all are great here! :cool:

h.uhbaseA lil Fiji Premium..10lbs...45lbs reg base rock-think its Fiji-from Dr FOsters and Smith (online) and 2 pieces Jakarta ROck that is the whiter stuff you see, one long piece of Tonga branch (also Jakarta?) from Shark Reef..has encrusting Coralline on it already as well..totalling another 10-20lbs..

Its been a big debate whether to add more rock or not..whenever we see other tanks chock full of rock/corals ours looks very naked lol..But I think it's coming along nicely..thanks to some good help from SHark Reef and Indoor Reef :) And some of you guys here whom we've gotten corals and such from :) Not to mention the good advice :cool:

Great pics! I thought I saw a flash of the six-line in one of the photos....I think they are one of the hardest fish to get a pic of!

Keep us updated as the tank matures!

Love the pics awesome tank guys, as to more rock or not I say go slow, njoy it as is and if later you say more then add a little more. No matter what tho it's a great tank

Thanks! ALso forgot we got a lot of mature rock From Josh locally as well as the Clown GOby, The biggest sally lightfoot I've seen and a few of the corals :)

Will post some more pics.. And yep thats the sixline wrasse "it" sure is hard to get a pic of lol..she gets quite the belly when she eats tho :)..Snatches food right out of the anemone hehe..Silly fishes :p

Appreciate the comments everyone. Here is a quick pic of our SallyLightfoot. He is probably about 4-5 inches across and the largest one we've seen. Anyone know if we should expect any problems from him?

crab_small.JPG

Its hard to say. Keep an eye out for any misbehaving. I do know of one reefer that had issues with her sallylightfoot, but there are always exceptions to the rule. Crabs are opprotunistic.

payge said:
h.uhbaseA lil Fiji Premium..10lbs...45lbs reg base rock-think its Fiji-from Dr FOsters and Smith (online) and 2 pieces Jakarta ROck that is the whiter stuff you see, one long piece of Tonga branch (also Jakarta?) from Shark Reef..has encrusting Coralline on it already as well..totalling another 10-20lbs..

Its been a big debate whether to add more rock or not..whenever we see other tanks chock full of rock/corals ours looks very naked lol..But I think it's coming along nicely..thanks to some good help from SHark Reef and Indoor Reef :) And some of you guys here whom we've gotten corals and such from :) Not to mention the good advice :cool:

Your tank looks great!!! Just hought I would let you know that the Branch rock is from Tonga and not from Jakarta. Keep it up!!!

Back