Our tank - 5 Months (big images?)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey that is a bunch of stuff out of my tank!!!!!!! I bet you bought alot of that from josh in the harbor down at the net shed. He is one of my good friends and we traded on a regular basis I am glad to see that the stuff I could not buy back went to a good home, I raised that candy from a single quarter sized head about a year or so ago and I see that the kenya tree that I tried to frag and cut off is still hanging on for dear life. Looks like the torch is doing good as well. Tanks is looking great!!!

WA coral said:
Hey that is a bunch of stuff out of my tank!!!!!!! I bet you bought alot of that from josh in the harbor down at the net shed. He is one of my good friends and we traded on a regular basis I am glad to see that the stuff I could not buy back went to a good home, I raised that candy from a single quarter sized head about a year or so ago and I see that the kenya tree that I tried to frag and cut off is still hanging on for dear life. Looks like the torch is doing good as well. Tanks is looking great!!!

Yep, it is as a matter of fact from Josh. The torch coral has since been fragged a couple times since it has gotten so large and the candycane is doing well too. The Kenyan tree was doing great until about a week ago when seemingly overnite it shriveled. We haven't been able to figure that one out yet.

A large majority of the rock was from Josh's tank too and it really helped establish our tank from the get go.

That torch is dangerous I know it has touched and fried its fair share of other corals hopefully it has enough space in your tank to keep everyone else safe. and the kenya tree is really hearty it probably shriveles because when the candy cane feeds its stingers come out and touch it but it has been there forever and has not died off so no worries it will come back I am sure you will need to trim it eventually that stuff grows like crazy.

WA coral said:
That torch is dangerous I know it has touched and fried its fair share of other corals hopefully it has enough space in your tank to keep everyone else safe. and the kenya tree is really hearty it probably shriveles because when the candy cane feeds its stingers come out and touch it but it has been there forever and has not died off so no worries it will come back I am sure you will need to trim it eventually that stuff grows like crazy.

Yah, the torch and an anemone had a close encounter and suprisingly, it looked like the torch was winning when we found them. But we moved them both far away and everything is doing great now. The torch probably has about 3" of growth in the past 2 months or so of it's skeleton and is growly quite rapidly. Between the torch and the frogspawn it's hard to say which one has grown more.

That is what I have decided to do. I had an LFS owner tell me that I needed to get more rock in my sons' tank---well, I went out and found a couple of rocks in another LFS that I absolutely could not leave without. Rocks covered with feather dusters and 'shrooms. I figure I would rather pick and choose and know that I like all of the rock I get---than to buy all of my rock at once and not be happy with a majority of it.

1 to 2 pounds at a time.

Anne

Back