Ozone Reactor

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

LCGoldman

I have a Red Sea Aquazone 200mg Deluxe (w/ORP controller). I had tried running it through my protein skimmer but was dissatisfied with the results. And, being that my skimmer isn't ozone safe, I don't want to continue that route.

I've seen the Coralife Ozone Reactor and was wondering if anyone has experience with that unit?

Thanks in advance for your assistance :)

Sorry, can't advise much here, I have the same problem.

I hooked up my Red Sea ozonator (just like yours) to an AquaC EV-180 skimmer via the John Guest fitting, but the JG fitting dissolved in a matter of weeks. I asked the JG people about this and they said none of their fittings were ozone safe, despite what AquaC listed as a Ca reactor or ozone input. They were going to contact AquaC....

Like you, I am disappointed with my skimmer's performance with the ozone hooked up. The instructions said this is a sign of too much ozone. The skimmate is now reddish orange and seems to impede foam production more than normal green skimmate. I assume the orange represents partially ozone-broken organics. I look forward to what others have learned!

I bought the Coralife Reactor... it's kind of cheap... in fact I couldn't hook it up correctly (per the instructions). I couldn't get the airstone on to the rigid tubing so I used some ozone safe tubing instead of most of the rigid tubing. I haven't hooked it up yet, but when I do I will post my findings.

Back