• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pacific Sun LED group buy

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ok, so lets go by the numbers from the PAR data info:

BP160W-70.jpg

so lets look from back to front - lets assume you want to have PAR around 100-120 to extreme ends (back and front of your tank) and higher PAR towards the middle of the lamp. 100-120 coverage are is about 75cm by 120cm so lets put it in inches: 30"x48" --- now, take a look at your tank and your aquascaping and ask yourself a question - is this enough at the present time? in my opinion yes. in the future, you will need 3rd unit.

if you move some corals and play with rocks, you should be fine.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking I would need 3. So it would cover the 36'' front to back just fine then?

What exactly is involved in using the software on a Mac?

I recently bought a mac and am new to all of it.

I'm sure Rafal will correct me if I'm wrong but I think Chris pretty much has it right as far as using Windows on Mac. I'm not mac savvy so I dont know the details of how you do this. I believe I read that Pac Sun is working on a Mac version of the software though.

Rafal and I are working out the last few kinks in pricing etc and we should have it up by the weekend.

Yes, Chris is correct. i think the name of the program is 'Virtual Windows' that allows you to run windows apps.

Are these only entire units? I need to add actinic lighting to my tank and was wondering if there is something available.

whats the difference between this and the maxspect g2 leds i jest ordered

OK..Thanks for the info...So now..I guess we just wait on pricing?..On the Phobos..How often do the T5's need to be replaced?..Thats one reason I am thinking of switching... With Halides ,300$ at a time to replace bulbs does add up!!

let's say we are talking about Phobos 48" - it has 2 54W T5s. Depending on the brand of the bulb you use you can go from 6 to 12 months. I mean the idea behind mixing LED & T5 was to supplement pink color that is not achievable with LED at the present time. so you would add KZ Fiji Purple or ProColor T5 bulbs.

OK..Thanks for the info...So now..I guess we just wait on pricing?..On the Phobos..How often do the T5's need to be replaced?..Thats one reason I am thinking of switching... With Halides ,300$ at a time to replace bulbs does add up!!

there is no pink LED bulbs out there so you cant get that specific color out with LEDs. thats why they came out with T5 supplementation and possible usage of KZ Fiji Purple etc. you wouldnt add Blue + T5 since you can increase Kelvin temp with LEDs and achieve any color from 13k to 23k via LEDS.

So..with the 2 24" fixtures you cant get the pink colors?

ahh..I see...These fixtures do have me a bit confused...But I am very Interested...Nervous at the same time.It looks like alot of new fixtures are being introduced from what I am reading..I just want to make the right choice for me..I run 20k xm bulbs and prefer a more blue look in my tank..My Corals thrive...The heat issue and bulb replacement is why I am looking to switch...Along with power consumption!

whats the difference between this and the maxspect g2 leds i jest ordered

moto: I believe there is quite a difference between this unit compared to the maxspect. The things I see in favor of pacific sun include: cree leds vs unknown brand (made in china for sure), ability to adjust color temperature & program way more possibilities using windows program via bluetooth vs only being able to turn blue/white on/off, US distributor vs none (I would think this translates to better customer service), and better warranty. Maxspect definitely wins in the price category. Subjective, but I think in this case you get what you pay for...

Back