pacific sun units

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BBLINKS

Who uses Pacific sun deimos units out there? I know there was a group buy and it went side ways really quick. I would like to know if any one still uses it and whats your thoughts on them?

Thanks

Jeff (DolphinLVR) up in La Conner is using 3 units over his 180g, his were the original lights bought before that initiated the Group Buy

Todd

I am running the 160 watt master slave on my 120...I got no complaints..love the controllability..My only problem was having a power supply go out on me..They replaced it...

Hi shane and John, I got a question for you guys. My tank is filled with sps, I got the deimos unit with 3x160w. I hope it is a going to do its job. I will be keeping my 400w mh just in case.:) How are these lights working out for you besides the power supply. I reed your purchase forum on the group buy, it would've drove me insane waiting all that time. I thought those power units are made by meanwell, although Chinese made but they are still quality units since all the major companies uses them? When the power supply went down, did it turned off completely or was it intermittent? Thanks in advance.

Rich

Bblinks...Well in my case..I came home from work on day to find my lights not on..I first went to my laptop and opened up the controller and verified it was running..It was...So then I checked all other electrical on my tank and all was fine..I then went to the power supplies..I changed the supply from my slave to my master,And it fired right up...Th problem with these units design is that if the master supply goes out,the slave wont work..Luckily i kept some of my old lighting and was able to use the led on one side and a halide on the other till my power supply got here..
I think you will be happy with the unit,But I would reccomend holding on to your halides for a bit,Just incase..Like I did...Hope this helps..Shane

Back